• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Metadata Collection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  I am a librarian and not an editor, but I've been tasked with figuring out if Premiere is capable of collection particular types of metadata and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Specifically, I am hoping that there is a feature in Premiere that will capture the types of fonts, plug-ins and software versions that are used in any given project. Or, if this is not a possiblity, that there is a 3rd-party piece of software that can capture this information without too much fuss.  I am hoping to implement this over several teams at my company and I'm trying to avoid having editors fill out a form and that there is something that can automate this data collection.

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Premiere ,Photoshop ,illustrator , indesign and after effects are perfect for doing this if you have a project already and there's some fonts used in these projects  that you don't have so these apps will tell you that there's a font missing and it will tell you the name of the font,same goes for plug ins

These software will know automatically if there's something missing used in templates or project done already... and in the most cases you will know these info because of the pop up you will get once you open the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks so much for replying!  I guess I should be more specific - I'm looking to collect this information so that we can restore files in the future, I want to be able to capture the fonts and plug-ins used for a project so that if we need to reuse the project we can also be sure we have all the component parts of that project.  If there are apps that do this automatically, do you think you could tell me their names?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that there's a way to organize these infos but when you install a plug in or a font you can still reuse it everytime you open a project containing these downloded plug ins or fonts and if you delete these files and you forgot what are the missing fonts used ...premiere will tell you in the events window what is the missing font and when it comes to the plug ins used you will find it in the effect controls tab where it was used and it will not work but at least you will know what it is so you can download it again

but the most safe thing to do is to always backup the fonts and the plug ins that you download in this way you will always have what you downloaded already and you won't need to know what is the plug in and the font used in any project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you do not think that there is a way to have adobe or a 3rd-party app collect this information, the best way to handle it is to create a centralized font library?  I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the answer, but I thought it was worth asking the professionals.

If anyone has information to the contrary and there is a way to leverage the metadata panel to collect this info, I would love to know!

Thank you, Joëlle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines