Advent calendar door opening

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am fairly new to premiere pro but getting by with the basics. My client has asked me to make an advent calender with the door opening to reveal a product below. Could anyone give me an idea of the best way to go about creating this effect please? I know there is a page turn effect but was hopeing to make something a bit more realistic.

Many thanks Rob

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Advent calendar door opening

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am fairly new to premiere pro but getting by with the basics. My client has asked me to make an advent calender with the door opening to reveal a product below. Could anyone give me an idea of the best way to go about creating this effect please? I know there is a page turn effect but was hopeing to make something a bit more realistic.

Many thanks Rob

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should consider doing it in After Effects instead of Premiere. You might also consider purchasing a template that you can alter to your needs, because what you're asking for sounds advanced for someone fairly new.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Sami said doing it in After Effects is the most realistic and controllable way to do it and get it looking exactly as you want. However knowledge of AE is required ... so a Premiere Pro template is the way to go (also as Sami suggests. I found one online by searching 'Premiere pro advent calendar' that looks OK and also noticed it is also available through Adobe Stock.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, if you do want to try it yourself within Premiere Pro it *may* be possible using the Basic 3D plugin already in Premiere Pro. It's not straight forward but if you want to give it a go there is a thread on this forum that sort of takes you through the issues. It's not a tutorial though             Premiere Pro CC video clip opening like double doors effect Help!       https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-cc-video-clip-opening-like-double-doors-eff... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the template from adobe stock now just trying to work out how to change things

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, post any questions you may have, we'll try to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So far so good. I have managed to change the colours, text and made things look how I want.

However there is a snow background. I dont want this, I can see how to switch it off but I want to replace it with a picture of a different product for each day. I cant see how to do this. Do you know if its possible please? I am using the free to use mogrt advent from adobe stock. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks Rob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I think I have found a solution I have just dropped my image in a layer below the Mogrt file and switched off the snow. If you know a better way please let me know.

thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0