• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice - is .mogrt motion graphics template okay for long-term project stability?

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I work on internal videos for a big non-media company, we don't produce a lot of media but we often need to go back to projects published years ago. We are looking at ditching After Effects because projects with dynamically linked clips haven't updated properly from 2018 versions of Pr/Ae, and it never got fixed or given a workaround. So it's recently come to a head and become worth rethinking how we structure video projects. I'd rather stay in adobe world because I know little about Davinci, we're not allowed Macs so FCPX is out and Avid definitely wouldn't be right. I think if I can get rid of After Effects, I can make everybody happy at least.

So, the graphics that we do are really simple, just text overlays and highlights, but just a little more complicated than Premiere's native shape tools allow.  Motion graphic templates seem like they could be a robust solution (Thanks to Carlos Zidade who shared a template here), but I don't want to recommend a new project structure if it's ultimately based on the same link between Premiere and After Effects and causes similar or different bugs.  We need to send files to affiliates abroad with lots of different computer setups, so we avoid plugins etc. whenever possible. Searching the forum on the topic doesn't return many results which I will take as a good sign though! What have been your experiences?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create decent mogrts within Premiere of course. And share them either via shared CC Libraries or via exporting to "local folders" and then sending the copied folder to other users to import.

The shared libraries option has a major benefit ... say you've got a company/organization color & font schema. And some graphics built on that. But the organization changes the logo/fonts/colors whatever.

Simply change the needed parts in the mogrt, and use it to replace the mogrt for that purpose in the shared Library. Now all users only have access to the new updated look.

There are some things that are fairly simple to do in AfterEffects, that can of course be share either via libraries or files. Actually, Adobe provides a free ebook about this by Jarle Leirpoll ... Making Mogrts which goes over the simple steps to make some very interesting mogrts from Ae that are more than you can do in PrPro.

This is simply enough laid out that anyone can go over to Ae and do what he shows. And of course, modify & add tons of things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines