• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE & Pr running in background after closing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has been crashing non stop for the past 4 days for me. I thought it would be fixed after updating it but that didn't change anything. After it crashed on me today, I checked task manager and for some reason both premiere AND after effects are running in the background even though I ONLY opened premiere. After effects is taking up 60% of the memory and both AE and Pr and taking up 100% of my GPU. This is getting so bad that it's actually soft locking my computer, meaning I cant turn it off, open file explorer, nothing. I would like to get this sorted soon as I'm a film student that starts class tomorrow.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PleaseEmbedImages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your project include dynamic links to one or more Ae projects?

As a basic step, restart your computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad for not embedding! First time posting to the community forums. 

As a matter of fact I do have a couple dynamic links, and now that you've mentioned it, premiere does seem to crash after I scrub through the sections with dynamic links a few time. Restarting my computer was able to temporarily solve the issue, but it's persisted for a few days now. 

error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't offer myuch help, other than I'm assuming you're on a PC. There is a nasty problem with Nvidia GPUs using the game-ready drivers right now, and causing all sorts of odd behaviors in Premiere. That is a possibility here.

If so, go to the Nvidia driver's site, download and do a clean install of the STUDIO driver. Most can use the latest Studio driver just fine, a few need to go one Studio driver version back. Maybe that would be the issue.

Past that, you'd need to tell us some details about the system, the media involved, any effects, and what you're doing when it goes kabang.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that!

I'm on an Acer Predator Helios 300 Ultrabook:

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Intel i7-10750H

Windows 10 Home

Your Nvidia Game Ready Drivers theory seems to be highly likely as I did just update them pretty recently. The project itself is nothing special. Basic FHD mp4 files, sound effects, some titles. However Mr. Bellune did mention dynamic links, and everything seems to nuke itself when I scroll through any part of the timeline involving them. I'll be sure to try out the Studio Drivers for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The game-ready drivers are pretty much a train-wreck in action at the moment. So hope that gets you working better ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines