• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After adding video to timeline, cant access file menu

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just happened recently. I have restarted, shut down all unneeded processes... It still happens. I start a new project, import video to the Project. At this point there is no issue. I can access file, edit, clip.. no issues. Once i drag video to the timeline, I can no longer access the file menu. If i click on file, i can hear the fan start to roar and Premiere becomes unresponsive. After a minute or so, Premiere is back and i can edit the video... add effects... everything works fine, just can not access the file menu or it will freeze up again. It doenst matter if the video is local or on a USB 3.0 external drive.

I am using a Surface Pro 4.0 with 16gb ram running windows 10 and Premiere Pro CC 2017. The video files are mp4, haven't tried with any other format.. thats all i have. If i remove all video from the timeline, i can then access the file menu fine. I am not sure what caused this, but it makes Premiere unusable.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheAngryBurrito,

Sorry for the freeze issue. Create a new project & create a new Bars & Tone, drag & drop to a sequence & try playback.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya -

I appreciate the quick reply. As i mentioned above, I have created a new project, and also in addition i tried reset all settings to default, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere. Reinstalling had the best results. The menu takes a while (3-5 seconds) but does appear. After reading other posts with issues very similar to mine, i did discover that if i select another pane (panel) other than the timeline or Program (preview window) panel, then the file menu opens fine. If either of those panels are selected, then there is a delay in the file menu opening.

Having a work around is really nice. I am just curious why this started happening. I have been using premiere for over a year and never had this issue. I believe it was last month (July) that it began.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheAngryBurrito,

Thanks for the reply with the workaround. Let me check with my resources about this issue & follow up.

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately the issue is back again.. I cant keep uninstalling and reinstalling premiere to resolve the issue. There has to be a better fix for this. If i forget to click out of the timeline and into another window within premiere and click the file menu... I have to wait 2-3 minutes for Premiere to become usable again. Its kind of a pain in the A**....

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines