After Effects clips in Premiere no longer work with the morph cut effect.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing this successfully for a few months now.  Suddenly, any time I attempt to apply the morph effect to any clip that has been replaced by an after effects composition (ie. green screen keylight), the morph cut produces only a jittery transition.  I have a major project ready to finish the transitions due this week, but suddenly it doesnt work.  

I have gone backwards in versions of both products.  I've cleared all caches and moved them to different drives.  I am using proxys.  In testing in a new project, I have 2 simple 30 second clips which morph together perfectly.  As soon as I replace both with an After Effects keylight composition.  The jitter comes back,  this is all new behavior.  

Today after updating to most recent versions, for the first time, when I apply the morph cut, I received a message saying: Insufficient media. This transition will contain repeated frames.

Attached is a clip showing the jitter.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects clips in Premiere no longer work with the morph cut effect.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing this successfully for a few months now.  Suddenly, any time I attempt to apply the morph effect to any clip that has been replaced by an after effects composition (ie. green screen keylight), the morph cut produces only a jittery transition.  I have a major project ready to finish the transitions due this week, but suddenly it doesnt work.  

I have gone backwards in versions of both products.  I've cleared all caches and moved them to different drives.  I am using proxys.  In testing in a new project, I have 2 simple 30 second clips which morph together perfectly.  As soon as I replace both with an After Effects keylight composition.  The jitter comes back,  this is all new behavior.  

Today after updating to most recent versions, for the first time, when I apply the morph cut, I received a message saying: Insufficient media. This transition will contain repeated frames.

Attached is a clip showing the jitter.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I have chosen not to upgrade to MacOS Big Sur for fear it would break something critical in Premiere or AE until I can finish this project.  MacBook Pro 2019 16gb with AMD Radeaon Pro 4gb Graphics  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the way I work with AE comps:  I render out of AE in a highquality format and place this file directly above the AE comp in the premiere timeline.  Keeps things much simpler, speeds up outputs and avoids this sort of issue.  I know it shouldn't be necessary, but no reason why you can't work this way and get your job done...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0