Highlighted

After Effects export with RGB+ alpha animation codec getting dropped frames in Premiere pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

first time posting in the forum so not sure if i should create new thread or not but My questino relates to the RGb + alpha . I have a macbook pro brand new with 32G ram and 2.3 8 core processor and using an SSD 2000mb/s esxternal hardrives for my project.     I am layering animation lossless RGB + alpha codec from my After Effects exports  and then editing with thtem  in my Premiere 2020 timeline . The alpha channel is impoortant but its my fist time integrating After Effects files into premiere.   The problem i am having is playback and constant rendering issues. Even when i have proxies enabled and low res. i make the smallest of changes to my timeline and the render line turns yellow , i my machine wont play back the yellow lines smoothly . its got to be green render line or otherwise i get tons of dropped frames.  So my editing is painful and i cant seem to be fluid and work fast.  Also want to add that when working on another sequence without the After effects lossless animatino files i am able to play and edit 4K video , making frequent changes to a 6-10 layer timeline and even when i get yellow render lines i still can play it back smoothly without having to rerender.... Any thoughts. ? I am not 100% if my proxy files i created for the Animation codecs i made with alpha channel display or not, not sure.   The Alpha channel is displaying correctly when i toggle proxy on and off, so i presume i usesd correct setting in creating my proxy, otherwise i imagine when proxy are enabled in timeline then i would lose the transparency if i had wrong proxy setting.. apprecaite anyones help very much.. let me know if you need further info from me.. many thanks shane

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects export with RGB+ alpha animation codec getting dropped frames in Premiere pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

first time posting in the forum so not sure if i should create new thread or not but My questino relates to the RGb + alpha . I have a macbook pro brand new with 32G ram and 2.3 8 core processor and using an SSD 2000mb/s esxternal hardrives for my project.     I am layering animation lossless RGB + alpha codec from my After Effects exports  and then editing with thtem  in my Premiere 2020 timeline . The alpha channel is impoortant but its my fist time integrating After Effects files into premiere.   The problem i am having is playback and constant rendering issues. Even when i have proxies enabled and low res. i make the smallest of changes to my timeline and the render line turns yellow , i my machine wont play back the yellow lines smoothly . its got to be green render line or otherwise i get tons of dropped frames.  So my editing is painful and i cant seem to be fluid and work fast.  Also want to add that when working on another sequence without the After effects lossless animatino files i am able to play and edit 4K video , making frequent changes to a 6-10 layer timeline and even when i get yellow render lines i still can play it back smoothly without having to rerender.... Any thoughts. ? I am not 100% if my proxy files i created for the Animation codecs i made with alpha channel display or not, not sure.   The Alpha channel is displaying correctly when i toggle proxy on and off, so i presume i usesd correct setting in creating my proxy, otherwise i imagine when proxy are enabled in timeline then i would lose the transparency if i had wrong proxy setting.. apprecaite anyones help very much.. let me know if you need further info from me.. many thanks shane

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting an Apple ProRes 4444 file from After Effects and see if that improves your performance. The Animation codec isn't that great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful thanks for the reply! gonna try that thank you and neil in the
thread also suggest cineform proxies, i shoulda known better, i hope this
helps my issues..

I am sure this will help with playback . I'lll keep ya ll posted later
today,

appreciate you guys.

--
www.shanewoodward.com
Instagram: @flaco_d_oro
Actors Showreel: SW2017
USA +1.210.471.1326
EUROPE +33.6.63.36.47.81

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0