• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Permiere update, Encore asks for serial

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Encore regularly along with all my updated CC applications, but today it suddenly asked for a Premiere Pro serial number.

I tried my new and old serials but it won't accept them.

I signed out of CC and signed into Premiere again, but Encore still asks for a serial.

The only thing I did different in the latest Premiere update, a few days ago, is that I left v 14.9 installed when I updated to v 15.1, so I have both. Could this be the problem?

Has Adobe disabled Encore?

Please help if you have a solution.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

It is confusing. I suggested PR CS6 because in the past it was sometimes required to activate PR CS6 to get Encore to work. 

My Encore CS6 is still working even though I have several versions of PR CC installed.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New and old serial? CC does not use serial numbers.

If you bought Premiere CS6 or Production Premium CS6  or Master Collection CS6 some years ago that is the serial number you need.

Encore can still be activated once the serial number has been entered.

But has been discontinued in the CC subscription.

If you do not have a serial number this is a good alternative.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say: were you using Encore CS6? Or an earlier version?

If CS6, try opening PR CS6 and entering the serial. Is that what you did? Then open Encore.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Encore CS6 on Windows 10.

Premiere CS6 was uninstalled long ago, I just have now 2020 and 2021. When Encore was discontinued I had to re-install it, along with Premiere CS6, then I could do away with the old Premiere app and keep Encore working.

The confusing part is why this happens now, I have been going through Premiere updates without a problem. That's why I asked if leaving version 2020 while installing 2021 could be the cause, because it's the only thing I did different in the last CC update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr/En CS6 is no longer related to the CC subscription.

You need to install Premiere CS6 from disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is confusing. I suggested PR CS6 because in the past it was sometimes required to activate PR CS6 to get Encore to work. 

My Encore CS6 is still working even though I have several versions of PR CC installed.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping to avoid reinstalling Premiere and Encore CS6, but I guess I'll just have to.

By the way, same thing is happening with Cinema 4D Lite, asking for a license after all these years. Something in the last CC updates messed with my system.

Thanks Ann and Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines