After update Premiere says my video driver is unsupported???

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere worked fine. Just fine. 
Decided I'd update it the other day, see what new features had been added, now I get a warning at the start saying my integrated video driver is unsupported.

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2020-05-24_01-52-30.png
Clicking 'continue with known issues' gets me in, but the video playback is just grey with no image and clicking play does nothing and clicking close crashes the program.
Back to the warning message, clicking fix takes me to their support page where it gives me the 'baseline' driver to install, but I can't install it! After looking through the readme's it turns out that driver doesn't even support 4th gen Haswell based CPUs, only 6th and above. 
So what? now Adobe has decided my CPU is TOO OLD to run Premiere? it worked fine yesterday.
So I decide to backtrack and redownload an older version of premiere, and...same warning.

Adobe just broke premiere for me, and their only 'solution' is one I can't use???mmc_2020-05-24_02-08-39.pngmmc_2020-05-24_02-08-14.pngchrome_2020-05-24_02-08-58.pngexplorer_2020-05-24_02-09-35.pngnotepad_2020-05-24_02-09-53.png

TOPICS
Anywhere, Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After update Premiere says my video driver is unsupported???

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere worked fine. Just fine. 
Decided I'd update it the other day, see what new features had been added, now I get a warning at the start saying my integrated video driver is unsupported.

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2020-05-24_01-52-30.png
Clicking 'continue with known issues' gets me in, but the video playback is just grey with no image and clicking play does nothing and clicking close crashes the program.
Back to the warning message, clicking fix takes me to their support page where it gives me the 'baseline' driver to install, but I can't install it! After looking through the readme's it turns out that driver doesn't even support 4th gen Haswell based CPUs, only 6th and above. 
So what? now Adobe has decided my CPU is TOO OLD to run Premiere? it worked fine yesterday.
So I decide to backtrack and redownload an older version of premiere, and...same warning.

Adobe just broke premiere for me, and their only 'solution' is one I can't use???mmc_2020-05-24_02-08-39.pngmmc_2020-05-24_02-08-14.pngchrome_2020-05-24_02-08-58.pngexplorer_2020-05-24_02-09-35.pngnotepad_2020-05-24_02-09-53.png

TOPICS
Anywhere, Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Adobe alone. It's Intel. Intel decided to end all mainstream support for all of its 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs in 2016. Since then, only critical security driver patches were released. And Adobe had absolutely no choice at all whatsoever but to completely comply with the hardware manufacturers' support lifespans and policies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then allow people to download older versions of Premiere that worked just fine! Since I can't go before version 13, what can I do here? I can't afford to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, so my only option is to...pirate it illegally to obtain an older version that actually runs on my hardware? Adobe has really backed me into a corner here, so arrogant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshot in original post.

2020-04-21_16-37-27.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not alone, in this case. It's thew ENTIRE tech industry. Nobody wants to support any piece of hardware that's even threee years old, let alone seven years old.

And yes, even Microsoft must comply: Windows always loves to reinstall drivers that are completely obsolete, as long as they're certified by the system OEM for compatibility. And any attempt installing a newer, more up to date generic Intel driver on an OEM system will restart the reversion process all over again.

This is exactly why I would not buy any system or laptop that relies solely on the integrated Intel graphics for video editing at all, especially with Adobe and a few other companies. All compatible drivers to be used in such programs MUST omit all traces of legacy hardware support completely before they can be deemed as "compatible."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"that relies solely on the integrated Intel graphics for video editing" that's interesting... I'd read somewhere that Premiere Pro always used the integrated graphics even if you had a dedicated GPU. 
Is there a way to force it to use my radeon r9 200 instead? AMD are usually better at supporting older products so it's drivers are probably still current. 
If I can get it to ignore the IGPU with it's old driver, that might stop it crashing? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post refers to those Intel-powered laptops that have absolutely no discrete GPU whatsoever. "Solely" means "only," in this case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for kicks I ran PugetBench on my old Haswell i5 dual-core laptop equipped with only integrated graphics. That laptop scored an extremely appalling 5 in the Standard preset (with Premiere Pro 14.4). The MPE renderer simply defaulted to the software-only mode with absolutely no warning or error message.

As for your R9 200, there's your problem. You have a conflict between the Intel IGP and the Radeon, both of which use OpenCL for GPGPU processing. With such a conflict, the Intel IGP simply superceded the Radeon GPU, which resulted in Premiere Pro failing to run properly.

Thus, if you cannot disable the integrated Intel IGP in your computer's BIOS (EFI), then you should not use any Radeon GPU at all if you're planning to run Premiere Pro. Otherwise, the discrete Radeon GPU will conflict with the IGP, artificially altering the performance and editing experience (and usually for the worse). Use only Nvidia GPUs in such a system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0