• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Afterburner error in Premiere Pro + Media Encoder

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting support for the afterburner card in premiere pro and media encoder, I have discovered an error. If "Enable hardware accelerared" is turned on in "Preferences", the premiere and media encoder cannot display clips with alpha channel properly. It flips the image and inverts the colors. It's not just a viewer error, it also gets burned into the exported files.

I've only seen it on the Apple ProRes 4444 with alpha
I have added image of the error and format I use

Is there any one else, who have the same error.

Kenneth

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we're having the same issue with Premiere Pro 2021 (15.0) with a Mac Pro 2019 with the Apple Afterburner card.  All clips with Apple ProRes 4444 with alpha appear upside down and green in Premiere, but appear fine in Quicktime.  

FWIW, this helps the affected clips appear correctly.

"Try to go to the project panel, right click on your clip, then choose 'Modify' - 'Interpret Footage' - and change 'Alpha Channel' to 'Conform Alpha Premultiplication to' and leave 'Premultiplied Alpha' unchecked..."

Anyone else have a fix for this?

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines