• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All imported video files named CLIPS001? Canon C200 footage

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just new today (Nov 20 2019). When I import or ingests or drap and drop footage into a project, they are all named CLIPS001. Camera is a Canon C200 shot at UHD 59.94.

They are all have different footage when you selecet each clip but the naming is screwed.  Also when you select, reveal in finder, they reference the correct file. Anyone have this problem or solution?

imac pro 2017

10.14.6 (18G1012)

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.06.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.02.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I've been having this problem with my C70 for years, having to do the annoying workaround with renaming CLIP001 to CLIP002 - BUT NO MORE! 

Inside the camera 'Metadata' menu setting I had changed 'User Defined' to my name, causing the issue. If you hit reset on this (back to CANON) it will fix the import issue into Premiere Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's good to know (especially as we use Canon C200 and 300 Mk2 cameras), but it's hard to know what to make of this - Adobe didn't know they broke this in 14.0, and then didn't know they "fixed" it in 14.0.3 ?

... I'm still not confident to migrate to any version of PPro 2020, it seems to have been such a debacle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a long list of bugfixes but Adobe does not mentions them all.

Just have to try.

I have been on 2020 from the beginning and no real issues, works fine.

You can have both versions side by side.

Keep a backup. If you do not like 2020 you can always go back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was fixed for both C300 and C200 footage on v14.0.2 (unreleased) and I guess that's why the changelog wasn't made public. 14.0.3 onwards imports files correctly as far as I know. I personally tested on 14.1 only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS ISSUE IS STILL HAPPENING IN PP v 14.2.0

SOOOOO STUPID!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

Well dang. First I've heard of this cropping up again. Is this a new project of one you updated? Was media cache scrubbed, even the old stuff?

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 14.2.0 with C300 mk11 rushes on a new project and still have the CLIPS001 issue, even after deleteting the media cache.

Kevin, please can you advise.

Thanks, Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still an issue for Adobe. The date is January 22 2021.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 4.58.40 PM.png

See image above.

Users shouldn't have to change the name of the Canon Folder Structure (or send a note to the post house as a DIT about this issue). DaVinci Resolve 17 (See image below) ingests correctly, why haven't you fixed this yet!

image.png

I eagerly anticipate everyone transitioning away from Adobe to Resolve. You guys can't fix simple issues!

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This so called issue has not been reported for a long time.

Which Premiere build are you using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call BS on that. I'm not the only one that has experienced this. See Images Below:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.23.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.24.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.24.21 AM.png

As you can see, I'm not the only one experiencing this. Users in Facebook user groups are having this so called issue as well. 

I posted in the Adobe Support Community about this exactly a year ago. You would think someone from Adobe would see this. 

I'm on Adobe PrP v14.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in 14.8 and all clips have their proper name.

Why not use the workaround as mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried it in 14.8 I take it that the full camera folder structure wasn't used or you did the work around.

Here's the following why I think the workaround isn't suffient:

1. If it works properly in DaVinci Resolve (who is the competitor) it should work in Premiere Pro.
  2. I'm willing to bet this causes conform issues for Colorist working with a Premiere Pro post house.
  3. This is a professional post application. It would work in a professional enviroment.
  4. As a DIT I shouldn't have to send a note to the post house or post producer of a "work around".

If I worked alone then I wouldn't mind so much but I work in a professional setting on professional productions. 

As stupid as it may sound these are perfect examples why you hear people grumble when they have to work with cameras other than ARRI or software other than AVID.

I'm just here to help make the tools work properly, not "work around".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import CONTENTS folder.

Had this issue in the past too. Use the workaround untill it was fixed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I did but issue persisited. I imported from Media Browser and File > Import

When we have our first offload later today, I'll try it again and take some screenshots. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I'm on a (5) camera C500 MKII production. I just offloaded the media to the drives and imported using (2) methods:

1. File > Import > CONTENTS = failure (see screenshot attached)
  2. Media Browser = failure (see screenshot attached)

Sucks that you have to do the work around. That's a failure.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 3.14.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 3.15.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is so terrible renaming the folder from clips001 to clips002.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier. If it was just me then it's not too much a issue BUT I work as a DIT with different post houses and productions all over so having to give a note that could be overlooked doesn't help Adobe as a professional company. 

To add to that, if I change the folder structure by 1 character then I can't use Canon XF Utility. Why use Canon XF Utility you may wonder? Canon XF Utility gives you much more metadata insight than Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve does. Why is that even important? Well, when you're working on a multi cam production (or even single cam), it's good to pop off a test clip and look "under the hood" to see if there's nothing funky going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I would mark this solved... It is now 2022, and version 22.5 and Premiere PRO still has this issue.

The work around is not good in a professional environment because I'm importing footage that has already been archived to 3 sets of drives... If I change the folder names on only my copy, no one can reconnect to this footage. This is a silly stupid bug! Naming clips based on a folder? and 3 years old?

Please Adobe, fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! And actually it’s been more than three years!! How stupid is it that this worked fine in premiere a few years ago and then was changed in and update, and then not ever address again to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 year old problem. Wow! I posted this a long time ago and it’s still not
resolved.

Personally I’m done with Adobe. I’m glad I don’t edit anymore.
--
*______________*
*Maurice Morales*

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works just fine here. Don't know how long it's been fixed on my end, since I just got in the habit of renaming the main CONTENTS folder to match the job. But, I just imported a whole card from this weekend without renaming anything and all the clips are named properly. FYI, I think the workaround was that something had to be renamed for it to read properly. I never renamed the CLIPS001 folders, just the CONTENTS one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting... it hasn't functioned correctly here for several
years.  I have Premiere installed on a new M1 Mac Studio Ultra now, and
it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's technically not functioning correctly, they had renamed the contents
folder.

The correct function would be that premiere can read in the file names with
the folder structure left untouched, the way it came directly off of the
camera.

Help, Adobe!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!  That's how Premiere imported Canon EOS (C300M2 was my camera)
footage a few years ago.  No need to change anything, and the clip names
imported correctly.
COME ON ADOBE... FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, it's working just fine with all my Canon camera cards now. I no longer need to rename the CONTENTS folder. M1 Studio and M1 MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weird!  I'm still getting all clips named CLIPS001.Ughhhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines