i've got a weird error. All of my keyboard shortcuts in premiere have disappeared. Reinstalling the program, resetting my preferences, or choosing a keyboard layout preset in the shortcut settings doesn't help. I'm not sure what else I could try to fix this. Has anyone experienced something like this before?
I had a similar problems years ago and used the cleaner tool to remove every trace of Premiere Pro before re-installing it. That solved the problem for me: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
Hmm, that didnt work either, sadly 😞
I do see the presets (Premiere Pro Default, CS 6, Media Composer 5 and Final Cut Pro 7.0), but if i choose any of them, the keys stay grey.
My Premiere version is 14.0.0, and i'm on windows, version 1903.
O.k, got it.
Does it work now?
Good to know is that when you launch Premiere Pro again it will take a little longer than usual. If you have created any custom Workspaces or custom keyboard shortcuts they will be lost. All setting you have done to Edit > Preferences will be lost as well. If that´s an issue, move the folder named 14.0 to the trash so you can restore it if needed.
Still doesn't work 😕
Thanks for your help so far, by the way, i really appreciate it.
That doesn't do anything either 😕
Hmm, a long shot is to launch Premiere Pro as an administrator.
did you solve this issue somehow? i have the same problem.
This is what worked for me:
1. Go to: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Keyboard Shortcuts\" There are folders here for each keyboard lay-out.
2. Copy the .kys files for your keyboard layout
3. Paste them in: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-USERNAME\Win"
4. Start Premiere Pro.
5. Go to: Edit >> Keyboard shortcuts
6. Change Layout to your keyboard on the top right corner.
7. Change Keyboard Layout Preset. You will see that there are now 2 copies of each preset to choose from. One of the two have shortcuts assigned. Choose one.
8. Press OK.
You have to go through Keyboard shortcuts in Premiere everytime you restart though...
Hope that helps somewhat... I was having this problem since last year as well... Windows is set to english, but I have belgian keyboard layout...
This worked for me too! Thanks alot man and hope your life is filled with love!
Tried these steps and it still won't work for me...