Highlighted

All Keyboard Shortcuts missing

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've got a weird error. All of my keyboard shortcuts in premiere have disappeared. Reinstalling the program, resetting my preferences, or choosing a keyboard layout preset in the shortcut settings doesn't help. I'm not sure what else I could try to fix this. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All Keyboard Shortcuts missing

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've got a weird error. All of my keyboard shortcuts in premiere have disappeared. Reinstalling the program, resetting my preferences, or choosing a keyboard layout preset in the shortcut settings doesn't help. I'm not sure what else I could try to fix this. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problems years ago and used the cleaner tool to remove every trace of Premiere Pro before re-installing it. That solved the problem for me: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that didnt work either, sadly 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How does the Keyboard Settings dialog look, do you even see the Presets listed under Keyboard Layout Preset?
  2. Do you see any colored keys as in the screendump or are all just grey?
  3. Which exact version of Premiere Pro are you using? (Help > About Premiere Pro)
  4. Which OS, Mac or Windows and which version?

keyb.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see the presets (Premiere Pro Default, CS 6, Media Composer 5 and Final Cut Pro 7.0), but if i choose any of them, the keys stay grey.

My Premiere version is 14.0.0, and i'm on windows, version 1903.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, got it.

Try this:

1. Close Premiere Pro
  2. Open Explorer (Win+E)
  3. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro
  4. Delete the folder 14.0 and all it´s content or move the folder to the trash.
  5. Launch Premiere Pro

Does it work now?

Good to know is that when you launch Premiere Pro again it will take a little longer than usual. If you have created any custom Workspaces or custom keyboard shortcuts they will be lost. All setting you have done to Edit > Preferences will be lost as well. If that´s an issue, move the folder named 14.0 to the trash so you can restore it if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work 😕

Thanks for your help so far, by the way, i really appreciate it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, try to update the graphics driver:

Nvidia Driver Downloads

AMD Drivers and Support

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't do anything either 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, a long shot is to launch Premiere Pro as an administrator.

Admin.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve this issue somehow? i have the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me:

1. Go to: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Keyboard Shortcuts\" There are folders here for each keyboard lay-out.

2. Copy the .kys files for your keyboard layout

3. Paste them in: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-USERNAME\Win"

4. Start Premiere Pro.

5. Go to: Edit >> Keyboard shortcuts

6. Change Layout to your keyboard on the top right corner.

7. Change Keyboard Layout Preset. You will see that there are now 2 copies of each preset to choose from. One of the two have shortcuts assigned. Choose one.

8. Press OK.

You have to go through Keyboard shortcuts in Premiere everytime you restart though...

Hope that helps somewhat... I was having this problem since last year as well... Windows is set to english, but I have belgian keyboard layout...

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 2
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! Thanks alot man and hope your life is filled with love!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0