Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Keyboard Shortcuts missing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've got a weird error. All of my keyboard shortcuts in premiere have disappeared. Reinstalling the program, resetting my preferences, or choosing a keyboard layout preset in the shortcut settings doesn't help. I'm not sure what else I could try to fix this. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problems years ago and used the cleaner tool to remove every trace of Premiere Pro before re-installing it. That solved the problem for me: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that didnt work either, sadly 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How does the Keyboard Settings dialog look, do you even see the Presets listed under Keyboard Layout Preset?
  2. Do you see any colored keys as in the screendump or are all just grey?
  3. Which exact version of Premiere Pro are you using? (Help > About Premiere Pro)
  4. Which OS, Mac or Windows and which version?

keyb.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see the presets (Premiere Pro Default, CS 6, Media Composer 5 and Final Cut Pro 7.0), but if i choose any of them, the keys stay grey.

My Premiere version is 14.0.0, and i'm on windows, version 1903.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, got it.

Try this:

1. Close Premiere Pro
  2. Open Explorer (Win+E)
  3. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro
  4. Delete the folder 14.0 and all it´s content or move the folder to the trash.
  5. Launch Premiere Pro

Does it work now?

Good to know is that when you launch Premiere Pro again it will take a little longer than usual. If you have created any custom Workspaces or custom keyboard shortcuts they will be lost. All setting you have done to Edit > Preferences will be lost as well. If that´s an issue, move the folder named 14.0 to the trash so you can restore it if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work 😕

Thanks for your help so far, by the way, i really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, try to update the graphics driver:

Nvidia Driver Downloads

AMD Drivers and Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't do anything either 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, a long shot is to launch Premiere Pro as an administrator.

Admin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helped,thx ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve this issue somehow? i have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me:

1. Go to: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Keyboard Shortcuts\" There are folders here for each keyboard lay-out.

2. Copy the .kys files for your keyboard layout

3. Paste them in: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-USERNAME\Win"

4. Start Premiere Pro.

5. Go to: Edit >> Keyboard shortcuts

6. Change Layout to your keyboard on the top right corner.

7. Change Keyboard Layout Preset. You will see that there are now 2 copies of each preset to choose from. One of the two have shortcuts assigned. Choose one.

8. Press OK.

You have to go through Keyboard shortcuts in Premiere everytime you restart though...

Hope that helps somewhat... I was having this problem since last year as well... Windows is set to english, but I have belgian keyboard layout...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! Thanks alot man and hope your life is filled with love!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks~! this worked. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried these steps and it still won't work for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly. You are the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you saved my day! Big love!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg man, thank U!!!! You are lifesaver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution at this thread didn't helped.

New laptop, fresh windows 10, first installation of Premier Pro to try it in 7 days

and I have the issue with keyboard shortcuts.

As I googled - this issue not new. But any of solutions doesn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just had this very problem with my fresh Adobe Premiere 2022 installation. But I found the problem: I have set my Windows 11 to English with German keyboard layout. I guess that confuses Premiere and therefore leads to an empty set of keyboard shortcuts. After switching to German with German keyboard layout, closing Premiere and also deleting the settings folder (as already mentioned in some of the responses here - it can be found under: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro), Premiere showed the keyboard shortcuts. I leave this here just in case someone has the same issue.

And for the Adobe developers: please just use the keyboard layout to determine the shortcuts and ignore the set language - that way the user will not end up with an empty set of keyboard shortcuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus. The exact same thing is valid on Mac as well, extremely annoying for those using non-standard keyboard layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved this issue on my computer after weeks of frustration - if you use a UNICODE keyboard or have it enabled, Premiere doesn't know what to do with it. If you quit Premiere and switch your keyboard off Unicode, it should be fine once you log back in. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! It finally works! Thanks for ur help~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you just saved my life. That was my last solution.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines