All keys are unbound by default, can't reset, problem persists on multiple different PC's

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Been having this issue for over a year now, but didn't pay much attention to it because I only use Premiere sporadically, however it's getting kinda annoying and I'd really like to have a fix, as currently I need to access everything, without fail, through menus. 
Not a single keyboard shortcut works. Not even Ctrl. S for saving.
I can't even delete something through a keyboard shortcut, I need to right-click to ripple delete for example. 

I tried resetting with the shift+alt thing, that didn't work. I tried resetting the keyboard in the keyboard settings menu, that did nothing. Tried other keyboard layout presets too - nothing. Tried importing a .kys file into the keyboard layout folder, nothing. 
I updated multiple times, must have been 3 releases at this point, that didn't help either. 
I use Premiere on both my PC and my laptop, and the problem persists on both machines, so somehow the inability to use Keyboard shortcuts must be saved in my CC account. 
I searched through these forums and did every step that was suggested, without any results. 
What else can I do, other than buy a completely new PC and new CC account? 

And before you ask, yes my keyboard works, I'm typing this out, am I not?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All keys are unbound by default, can't reset, problem persists on multiple different PC's

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Been having this issue for over a year now, but didn't pay much attention to it because I only use Premiere sporadically, however it's getting kinda annoying and I'd really like to have a fix, as currently I need to access everything, without fail, through menus. 
Not a single keyboard shortcut works. Not even Ctrl. S for saving.
I can't even delete something through a keyboard shortcut, I need to right-click to ripple delete for example. 

I tried resetting with the shift+alt thing, that didn't work. I tried resetting the keyboard in the keyboard settings menu, that did nothing. Tried other keyboard layout presets too - nothing. Tried importing a .kys file into the keyboard layout folder, nothing. 
I updated multiple times, must have been 3 releases at this point, that didn't help either. 
I use Premiere on both my PC and my laptop, and the problem persists on both machines, so somehow the inability to use Keyboard shortcuts must be saved in my CC account. 
I searched through these forums and did every step that was suggested, without any results. 
What else can I do, other than buy a completely new PC and new CC account? 

And before you ask, yes my keyboard works, I'm typing this out, am I not?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there is some setting in Windows or the firewall that may be causing that?

Do shortcuts work in non-Adobe applications?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew. 
All shortcuts in other softwares work without issue. Including other Creative Cloud softwares. I used Photoshop every day and never had a shortcut issue. 

Windows shortcuts don't work inside Premiere either, with the exception of Ctrl. + C, I can use that to copy, then Edit -> Paste in order to paste. Ctrl. + V doesn't work. Everywhere else they work without issue. It's really just Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when you load keyboard shortcuts, do you see the keyboard shortcuts?  do the cursor (arrow) keys work?

Maybe try changing the language of the keyboard in windows... 

what about creating a new user account with administrator privileges in windows...  worth a shot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0