Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my work has been deleted after adding to dropbox

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

So I was asked by my client to upload the project files for a video I made to dropbox for them. They couldn't open the project for whatever reason and asked me to reupload it. I checked to see if the project was intact, and it was, so I reuploaded it for the client. After this, for some reason, my project seems to have reverted to the state it was in when I first saved it. Most of the timeline tracks are gone, most of the imported assets are gone, a good 15 hours of work has been removed from the session. I checked the auto-saves and they all seem to be identical too. It's like my work has been completely overwritten by an old auto-save somehow. Has anyone got any idea what this is and how to recover my work for my client? Unfortunately I did not make a backup since I didn't think my client would want the project files. I'm also on a Windows PC if that makes a difference. Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems dropbox shuffled by files around somehow. I did some digging around my computer and managed to find an intact version of the project. Lesson learned: always back up your stuff. Mods can close/delete this post if they wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a habit of Save a Copy to another drive.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines