• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a sudden every click gets a 5-8 second spinning beach ball ... but no crash.

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do when all of a sudden, mid-day, you get a spinning beach ball for 5-8 seconds with every click? No crash, just super slow response. Clicking around in the timeline, clicking around in bins ... etc. I've seen this before and usually a restart of PP or my computer fixes it. Not this time. I've deleted all cache files. PP 14.9.0 (2020), OS Catalina, 2018 MacBook Pro.

Any ideas? Should I make a new project and pull everything into it?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Sorry for your issue.

Importing the project into a new one could help. You can give it a try. If it doesn't, please share the following details:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)?
  • What are the details of the footage (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)? Which device was used to record the footage?
  • Are you using any third-party plug-in or have you applied any effects to the Timeline?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the respoonse, Nishu. Importing into a new project did not help. However the problem eventually went away and Premiere was performing normally. I had tried a bunch of different things, but nothing seemed to be the thing that fixed it. FWIW, I am running Catalina on a 2018 MacBook Pro with a 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel i9 with 32G RAM and Radeon Pro 560X and Intel UHD Graphics 630. Footage is 1280x720 ProRes Proxy 23.98 in a 1920x1080 sequence, no FX or plug ins on clips in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines