Highlighted

all of my projects disappeared

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened premire pro today and all of my projects were gone!! Its acting like ive never even opened it and going through all of the new user things. I dont have any backups and have searched my computer everywhere that i know of for them and cant find anything. I was working on a project for months and now its gone and is due in less than a week. HELP please!!

Topics

Anywhere, Crash, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

all of my projects disappeared

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened premire pro today and all of my projects were gone!! Its acting like ive never even opened it and going through all of the new user things. I dont have any backups and have searched my computer everywhere that i know of for them and cant find anything. I was working on a project for months and now its gone and is due in less than a week. HELP please!!

Topics

Anywhere, Crash, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audio u used for that premier pro project are there in ur computer?? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find anything, audio or video. No backups saved anywhere on my computer or on the adobe cloud at all and the app is acting like ive never opened it before and doing all the new setup options. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Premiere configuration files have been corrupted, which is why everything is appearing as new, and no recent projects listed.

That said, your actual project file (.prproj) is probably still on your computer. Just navigate to wherever you saved your .prproj file and open it. Even if Premiere's preferences are reset, the project and all of the source media should be in-tact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I found a few of my old projects but still cant seem to find the one I need. Maybe I somehow messed up where it was supposed to be saved. Very weird. Anyway thanks for your help I really appreciate it , I will just have to redo it quickly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save A Project to another drive after every edit session.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's dead on with the tip to save to another drive, but what I do I think is even better.  I keep all my premiere pro projects in a folder that I have dropbox automatically mirror on to the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines