• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Presets and Favorites gone

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another bug that has happened to me a few times is that all effect Presets and Favorites are gone. Can be quite devastating if you have a lot of presets made.

Looking in 

I can see that this file stops updating when the bug kicks in:

/Users/user/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/14.0/Profile-myname/

Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset

The work-around I've found after many many hours of testing is:

- Quit Premiere Pro

- Make a backup of the file above

- Start Premiere Pro

- Create a new favorite or preset. That will wipe the Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset file.

- Now quite Premiere Pro again.

- Delete the newly created file. Rename the backup to 

- Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset

- Start Premiere Pro.

Now they show up.

Soooo mannnyyy bugsssssss. Seriously Adobe, please slow down on new features. Regression test. Make the basics work again... Please.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last year and a half, they've added very few new features. And mostly the 'new' things just released are simply expanding the use of the GPU for encoding/decoding. Upgraded performance with some of the complex media like RED. So ... exactly what new features should they not have worked on?

I've worked daily with Premiere for over six years now, and have never had your issue happen. Yes, I've seen it posted here a couple times. But what you're describing sounds like what happens when the OS puts a 'write protect' on a file. Both the Mac and Windows OS's have been doing things like that on updates over the last year, and it is a right royal pain.

Especially on the Mac side, some users nearly have to wrestle their computer to the ground after an update to restore read/write privileges to a folder here and there. And that's certainly not something any of us look for off the bat. Until you've had that hit before.

And yes, I've recently had issues where Win10 would allow say Premiere 2019 to do things in the various Premiere setup files but it wasn't allowing Premiere 2020 to do the same with its files. Even setting Premiere to run with admin privileges didn't stop it. I had to go in an set each folder, and in them some files to any user access for read-write before 2020 started 'behaving' properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default presets in my premiere pro for go pros have disapeared that I used to fix lens distortion. Do you know of any way to bring those back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version number of Premiere ... as in 22.5 or whatever ... are you using, and on which OS?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil. I am using 22.5 and I am using it on Apple OS. I have a 2019 Imac
which is all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of those have disappeared for other Mac users ... not incredibly sure on that. But it seems something I remember.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a hold of a support person who could help me. What they ended
up doing was rolling it back to a previous version and the effects came
back. Which concerns me. Cause if it automatically updates then will I lose
them again? Such a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, you shouldn't have the CC Desktop app set to auto-update. So go into that app's preferences ... in the General tab, leave auto-update of the CC app itself on.

The go to the Apps tab, and uncheck the Auto-update option there.

Out of curiosity, which version did they set you back to? XX.x numbers, please ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here!

iMacPro with 10.14.6

On PrPro 14 Customer-Effects (Favorite-Effects) are available!

On PrPro 15 Customer-Effects (Favorite-Effects) are not available!

The Read/Write Privileges are the same on the Adobe/Dokuments/PrPro/14 or 15/Profile Username/Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset !

What's going on here!

R. Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

the solution doesn't help

hate adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines