• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL Project Files ERASED on C: drive after June 10, 2020 update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All project files -- .proj  --  ERASED after a suggested Premiere update on June 10th 2020

So your updates overwrite actual hours and  hours and hours of edited video project files? 

I started working with a fresh install of Premiere in May 2020, then clicked on the suggested update on June 10th but left all other Adobe apps as they were -- no updates.   Seems the Premeire update wiped the entire project folder.   Is this normal?   

Premiere File folder Screen Shot.PNG

Running Windows 10 Pro -- i7- 9750 -- 16 mb RAM

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Many thanks for very quick help in locating previous assets in Premiere Pro with an online agent Anjali!

Unheard of to get weekend one to one support in Chat!

Thanks Adobe!  You guys are great !

~Jim 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF this is normal for you -- put please a big fat button on the Cloud update feature to BACK UP YOUR FILES before you download this suggested update!    But seriously,  how incredibley ameture hour this type of thing is... 

Simply speechless 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great but will it erase older .prproj files from my C: drive when I update to this?

I uploaded Premiere in May of 2020 -- used it for a month or so -- then clicked on the suggested update June 10, 2020!

I just ran one single update on Premeiere but did not update other any apps.  See the folder structure below as an attachment. 

Entirely new premiere project folder over wrote previous Premieire project folder.  Is this normal?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for very quick help in locating previous assets in Premiere Pro with an online agent Anjali!

Unheard of to get weekend one to one support in Chat!

Thanks Adobe!  You guys are great !

~Jim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. We're glad we could help and we'll make sure it gets more eyes. Give us a shout if you get any other issue. 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gathering Premiere did not erase your projects as said in earlier post.

Might want to tell us what the real issue/fix was. Could benefit other users with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and you'd think that the adobe employee would also suggest that the op explain what the problem was and how it was resolved...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it normal for a Premiere update to erase all .prproj files from my C: drive?  

I made my first Adobe Cloud install on this Windows 10 Pro machine in May -- then updated only Premiere in June and have been trying to relocate my Premiere projects from May.  I can't find them.  In fact the folder structure shows Media Encoder was left in tact but the Premiere folder was fully re written in June.  Is this normal?   Can someone please guide me into finding these missing .prproj files?    

Thanks!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not nice Moderator to erase my question about the possibility of this current release erasing all premiere project files --  and then going back to flag my original trouble shooting report post as SPAM.   It was a legitimate issue with the June 10, 2020 update and a legitimate question regarding this latest update?    And it might inspire everyone to back up all files before running any updates!  

Full paying adobe cloud montly customer since 2017!   I am not spamming anyone !

This is not spam 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot imaging a mod flagged your post as spam. This new forum does he quirks sometimes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines