• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all the most recent work I did on a project is now gone!

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after this update all the work I did on sunday 3/14/21 is gone. It reverted to the work I did previously as if I didn't save and I KNOW FOR SURE! I saved it. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to locate your project outside of Premiere Pro, don't just search for recently opened projects..

did you check your autosaves? I always have the habit to save many versions of the same project too..

are you working on an external drive? if yes, better work on local ones and use externals for backups only..

when using Premiere Pro, it is always recommended not to update while in the midst of projects, or at least backup before you go for an update.. you have to take into consideration that an update might also require other driver updates or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Windows search for your project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ended up being a way more simple fix. I more or less freaked out and was pretty pissed off. All I ended up having to do was restart the computer a few times and it seemed to have cleared up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear. 

Now that you are up and running - have a look at your Autosave frequency preferences and make sure you set Autosaves to go to a location that you can easily find in the future if you ever lose a project file or have a major (project destroying) crash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines