Highlighted

Alt Drag AE Comp - Duplicating in Bin

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE comps in Premiere Pro are duplicating in the Project bin when alt dragging them in the timeline. I'd expect Premiere to treat AE comps like footage, by keeping one version in the bin.

Is there a fix for this? Example behaviour below

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alt Drag AE Comp - Duplicating in Bin

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE comps in Premiere Pro are duplicating in the Project bin when alt dragging them in the timeline. I'd expect Premiere to treat AE comps like footage, by keeping one version in the bin.

Is there a fix for this? Example behaviour below

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to duplicate this issue on my Mac running the latest version of Premiere and AE. My AE comps duplicate just like your footage.

Are you on Mac or PC? What versions of CC?

If you drag the AE Comp from your project bin multiple times instead of alt-dragging on the timeline, does that create multiple copies in your bin?

If you click the comp in your time line, Copy it, move your timeline indicator and Paste, does that create multiple copies in your bin?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having exactly the same problem. I work with this project in which I have several AE compositions for animated elements I use repeatedly. For that reason, I often alt+drag them across the timeline. And they all behave as expected: duplicate on timeline, and not in the project panel. Except for this one (the intro/outro file).

AlekosMazzolotti_0-1596816760496.png

Every time I alt+drag the intro, it duplicates the footage. Is that some kind of error?

Note: Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does not afect it the same way. Neither does duplicating the whole sequence. This behaviour is produced exclusively while Alt+dragging, and also exclusively for this comp. All the others behave normally...

Note 2: I've used this group of AE Elements in several different Premiere Projects. And no matter how many new projects I create, this isolated footage alway behaves the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0