• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt File Shortcut

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I want to get rid of the Alt key opening the file buttons. I use Alt+scroll wheel a lot to zoom in on the timeline but sometimes that will bring the focus of shortcuts to the file-help windows, so when I click Space Bar to play the video it instead will open the file window. Is there any way to undo this? I can't seem to find anything about it in the keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue before. It is something that has to be changed in Windows. I believe there are ways with remapping tools, but I don't recall how to do it. Sorry, if I find it, I'll repost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the odd hour trying to figure out how to 'kill' or suspend the Windows OS hotkeys while PrPro is running. There are many threads across the internet and ... basically ... you can't really change much. Which ticks me off as it greatly limits the keyboard shorts I can set up for my own use in PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... yeah, all for a feature that I never use - hotkeys to navigate menus with out using a mouse. I appreciate that this feature exists, I'm sure someone somewhere uses it (althought hotkeys to activate "save", "open" "new" already exist and are much more usefull), but for the love-of-god please allow us to dissable it. I understand this is a Windows issue and not sure what Adobe could do to override it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe can't over-ride it. I've spent a few hours going through the web trying to find some way to do so ... and the closest is a couple people who went in and did numerous steps in the Registry and system operating dialogs and got some of the built-in Windows hot keys 'off'.

Not all, just ... some ... and noted that while doing so, they nuked their Windows and had to reinstall a couple times before getting it "right".

Yea, that much risk for getting "some" of the Windows hot keys killed? Not going there.

I'm ticked about that more than a bit, but ... it's Life.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines