• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alternative to drag n drop?

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some quick way to apply/place transitions in the timeline (eg. cross dissolve, exponential fade)  instead of drag n dropping them? I ask cause when there are a lot to place, this drag n drop action, is a pain in the neck! 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are keyboard shortcuts for default video transition and default audio transition.

Set those to the ones you want to use at the moment. Change the default transitions any time you want by right-clicking a transition, "set default ... "

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil. Actually im not certain if i can do this on my case. Here is my case as i want it to be.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 02.47.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried selecting the clips, then using the keyboard shortcut? It will work with multiple clips selected, to all the clips selected.

You have to do separate actions for the video and audio of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not working. In the screenshot i sent, im trying to make a fade from clip to a richblack screen and the cross disolve will only land on the clip. It will not land on the richblack screen. So as seen in the screenshot, there is a xross dissolve only on the video. Im not sure if i can do this alternatively so that the transition will be both on the video and the richblack screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "Insufficient media. This transition will contain repeated frames" is a warning i get when placing a CrossDissolve" between two clips on the timeline... what does it mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have 'handles'. Transitions need media to work on ... because, remember, the image needs to start by the place you apply the transition. So the "in" point on the clip needs to be at least the length of the transition past the actual beginning of the clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cant i place a transition on the beggining of a clip? Are begginings and endings the places that do no have handles? Am i correct on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clip handles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything about editing is a pain in the neck.

I ask cause when there are a lot to place, this drag n drop action, is a pain in the neck! 

I stack my stuff with exact frames ( cut with no handles ) and do transitions manually. That way I am the one who decides what I see as a result.... not some extra stuff that is used by a program to determine the transition in and out.

You wouldn't believe how a pain in the neck is, until you try to shoot and edit stuff with various digital motion picture film sources.

: )

hang in there.... it's usually OK to just drag stuff in using handles and looks OK but trying to make it FASTER is incredibly lazy and stupid .... hehe... if I was your age I'd probably want something like that too... it cracks me up ( LMO )

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to edit my message cause it was stupid of me to say 'lazy and stupid'... but I couldn't change ( edit) the message.... so the revised sentence is:

Is lazy ... ( without stupid , cause that can be contrued as mean or something ... instead of being normal vocubulary for me... where I often call myself stupid and an idiot etc. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines