• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon RX 590 8GB - for Premier Pro / After Effects

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just got a new PC with a Radeon RX 590 and hoping I haven't made a mistake as I wil be needing it for some PP / AE work.

Will the software run okay?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that this kind of problems you can solve it creating a .txt 

You only need to errease the (radeon)

But tell me, ¿RX 590 works? i want to buy it for use it at premiere pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do think Nvidia is the preferred way to go for PP. Cuda cores (only nvidia) are used very well to enhance certain functions in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've been adding a lot of support for the AMD cards recently, and even working on getting hardware acceleration for encoding/decoding H.264 working for both Nvidia and AMD cards. There's still a small advantage to using Nvidia cards, but it's certainly less than it was.

I don't know about that specific card. If RJL pops in, I'm sure he could give the complete technical data.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work. Just had a PC built with this card. Crashes Premiere Pro consistently and within minutes of running. The computer freezes and only a hard reboot will get it going again. Looking for any setting change solutions to fix but so far nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 500x AMD cards are a 2017 generation card, quite old by current standards. Equivalent roughly to the GTX1660 in my old computer ... that I replaced due to age.

It should be able to work I would think with proper drivers and settings, but it's not a 'hot' card by any means.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how have you been doing with your Radeon RX 590? I have had the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8Gb for some time. I've been experiencing some issues lately, but I suspect it may be the PSU instead of the graphic card. I would like to know if it has worked with you.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It didn't work and I never got it to. I returned the PC and bought a different one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines