Highlighted

An Unknown Error Occurred while opening the project - Premiere 2020

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a crash and when I try to re-open the project it says "An Unknown Error Occurred while opening the project" - ok. 

So I go into the auto saves, losing a couple of hours of work is no big deal, but ALL of the auto save files are giving me the same error message. I have to go back to an auto save from a couple of days before. I lost 2 days of work... annoying, but is there any way to fix? 

I tired the following:

"Trashes the Preferences"
"Use Media Browser to try to import my most recent sequence - no dice" 
"Trashed Render Files"
"Un-installed Premiere and reinstalled"

Nothing worked. If nothing else, I would just like to flag it for Adobe to look into. It's weird that all the auto saves from today are also not working. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme Bull | Adobe Community Professional

You may need to rollback your Premiere version. Did you update Premiere midproject?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

An Unknown Error Occurred while opening the project - Premiere 2020

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a crash and when I try to re-open the project it says "An Unknown Error Occurred while opening the project" - ok. 

So I go into the auto saves, losing a couple of hours of work is no big deal, but ALL of the auto save files are giving me the same error message. I have to go back to an auto save from a couple of days before. I lost 2 days of work... annoying, but is there any way to fix? 

I tired the following:

"Trashes the Preferences"
"Use Media Browser to try to import my most recent sequence - no dice" 
"Trashed Render Files"
"Un-installed Premiere and reinstalled"

Nothing worked. If nothing else, I would just like to flag it for Adobe to look into. It's weird that all the auto saves from today are also not working. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme Bull | Adobe Community Professional

You may need to rollback your Premiere version. Did you update Premiere midproject?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunatly I did!

This is not an end of the world kind of thing, just lost 2 days of work. Weird that ALL the auto saves from today will not work. 

I can't import the sequence into premeire 2019, can I? Via Media Browser or something? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just roll back to your previous version and you should be fine. It doesn't happen to often but sometimes if there is an odd setting that they didn't accommodate for in the code that then doesn't get caught as an error when opening then it hard crashes. Poor coding is the answer here and hopefully somebody on the team will get on Q&A with Premiere to make sure every error is caught and displayed understandably. Lots of things to accommodate on an import though, so I don't imagine it's an easy task. For us as editors, make sure never to update midproject and if you do, then roll back one version (or whatever version you had before) and it should import/open again fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1