• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Unknown error occurred while opening the project

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, hoping someone has a solution as Google has finally failed me.

I've recently hit a problem with Premiere and the above error, which not only occurs on my current file, but also on all of the autosaves. Do anyone know any solutions to this, as all existing ones seem to point towards the autosaves?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Just send me your file I am able to fix such projects in Adobe premiere pro cc 2020-2019-2018-2017-2015 and below

(as you can see here)

Just send me an email to

or PM me

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man ! Here's the link to my project  WeTransfer https://we.tl/t-VLf6akWodZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend my connection is very slow now so I am not able to download it. It is a big file. I will do that in next 10 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx mohsen aghaei. Sir.. Thank you so much for helping me out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem man,take your time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohsen Aghaei you are AWESOME!  I don't know how you were able to recover this file for me - a very complex time-lapse sequence with 137,000 JPG frames with filters and plugins - my prproj file ballooned to over 85mbs, (1.4 gigs when uncompressed) - nearly all of my 'auto saves' were corrupt too but you managed to do it - YOU ROCK!

Mohsen Aghaei

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 2.45.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure bro

Hope you never ever face this error again.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 1:24 AM kevin korczyk <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another successful recovery from New York

Kevin-Fixed.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen, I just mailed you a corrupt premiere project that I have been working on. Please try to recover it. It's a feature film project n I have put my everything in it. Hoping to hear from you.

Raja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Raja. I will

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 10:20 PM rajak25355131 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

I encountered this same problem this week. I had a deadline in 2 days for a 20 video project. Suddenly I could not open the project file. It just gave me "an unknown error".  I had only saved the file in one place so there were no back ups and the auto-save folder was empty which was weird. Like it had deleted by itself the previous saves. 

All the other Premiere projects were working and my computer was fine so I came to the conclusion that only that specific Premiere project was corrupted. Then I looked for more information how to fix it. After no results I found this discussion and Mohsen who promised to fix corrupted projects if it was possible. 

I sent him an desperate e-mail at 2 in the morning.  He answered me at 6 and by 2 in the evening he had fixed the problem. I don't know how he did it, but my project was working normally and I could send it to the customer. Otherwise I would have lost over a week worth of work and had to start from scratch. So if you are ever in the same situation than me. Contact Mohsen right away. If someone can save your corrupted file. It's him. 

PS. Please remember to always make back ups of everything! Use the auto-save function and save your project files to the cloud just in case. You never know when you will corrupt and loose your files. I learned through the hard way. Luckily Mohsen saved me. 

Corrupted_File_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember to always make back ups of everything! Use the auto-save function and save your project files to the cloud just in case. You never know when you will corrupt and loose your files. I learned through the hard way. Luckily Mohsen saved me. 

Amen to that, brother.

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mohsen! You saved the hours of my work. If you got the same problem, this guy really can help you!

прим.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, today in the morning I couldn't open my project anymore, Adobe Premiere kept saying "Unknown error opening file". Nothing could help me (trying to open auto-save files, restarting program and computer, deleting cache, etc.)  Through this thread I found Mohsen and his e-mail adress (chooriy@gmail.com)

I mailed him my project and after one hour or so he fixed (and also stabilized) my project and now I can work on it again. The picture below shows my repaired timeline. 

Thank you so much Mohsen.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marie,
I hope you have perhaps gleaned one jewel by going through this ordeal. Please back up your project dailiy using File > Save A Copy. Project corruption is real no matter the NLE you are working on. Most editors do create express backup copies of their projects on a daily basis in order to prevent a catastrophe such as this.

To work on the same project file for months and months is project suicide. While I'm happy you got help, a guardian angel such as Mohsen might not always be there.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came to thank the MVP of this thread, Mohsen @Mohsen_Aghaei. I read here a lot people received help from him, so I reached him by email and helped me recovering my project, with all the timelines I was editing. He also gave me a great insight about this issue with Adobre Premiere so here I copy/paste it for you all:

"...that was "Warp Stabilizer" Effect. Do not use it in your main projects, first stabilize your videos and render them then import to your main timeline."

A very kind man, cause he also recommended me to write a post here, in case any other person needs help with this issue, and keep the thread active. So if you have this same problem with your project and the autosave files, do'nt hesitate and ask him for help via email.

Again, Thank you very much Mohsen!

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 7.42.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Pleasure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

In the future, please use the File > Save a Copy command each day to save a backup of your project that can be used should such an issue arise again. This is above and beyond your Auto Save folder. I try to let each of my students know that during the classes I used to teach. It's insane to put all your work into a single file which can become corrupt at any time, the nature of NLE files which have been used and updated over some weeks or months. Hope that helps.

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, Mohsen_Aghaei! Heard you can solve this issue. I have the same problem with my project which wasn't crashed but it can't be opened even though when I changed the name of the project or tried opening the autosave files. The same "unknown error occurring" message keeps showing up. Here is the screenshot of the problem and the project file! Thanks a lot!

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.03.55 PM.pnghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/10Mc-YPblhsS8sTymsKm7g4mK35Q1cB3Q/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your email, It's done !!

please post your recovered project here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Mohsen_Aghaei for helping me fix the problem! The project file working well now. I had a similar issue when my project has the error message "An unknown error occurred while opening the project".  With his help, I got everything back. Below is the screenshot of my timeline that is working again! THANKS!

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.30.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please use File > Save A Copy at least once a day moving forward to build your own series of backups.

You'll be glad you did.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin

Glad to meet you here again but I have something for you ...

The bad news is your backup advice won't save most of the project corruptions. because Premiere is unable to detect errors in project and if something bad happened to project adobe will save the copy with errors and those projects will be useless too.

your technique just may help people to return to last healthy project file (and it is worth it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you so much Mohsen! You saved me from doing over days of editing. Hit him up guys he helped me fix the problem in a day! Just email him @chooriy@gmail.com

epic-recover.JPG

Recovered!Screenshot (337).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was genius  i have try all the troubleshoting but am failed then i mail my project mr mohsen the resolve my problem thnxxxx brother for ur service ...Abhishek (India)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohsen, any chance you could give us a clue how you do this?  Would be great to understand what's going on and fix it ourselves in a crisis situation when you might not be immediately available.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines