• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown error occurred while opening the project

New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP. I was in the middle of editing a project which I have been working on for a long long long time now and I realised I had accidentally duplicated a couple of files, so I began deleting them and as I deleted them, an error message came up and said that there had been a serious error and my project had to be closed.... all the files then went red and premiere crashed. (FYI i've also been using warp stabilizer if that helps and other manipulative effects)

Now when i go to reopen it, it begins loading and an error message comes up saying " an unknown error occured whilst opening the project".

This isnt the first time something has happened like this either.. the program keeps crashing, deleting files and being unresponsive constantly! Which is really unreliable and I'm actually distraught as to how delicate this software is! I have now being scrolling through tons of forums trying to find an answer which no one can give me. I've just payed a lump of money to use this program and actually feel that I should be reimbursed and compensated for the trouble I repeatedly am encountering.

I've also tried opening it through the media browser, but when i double click on the project, it opens up but contains no contents.

I am currently 4 days away from my project deadline for my final major project on my course and I do not have the time or patience to do this..

Someone PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try... create a new, empty project and import the bad project into the new project

Also, LOTS more information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for the advice John,

When I do this, it says "the importer reported a generic error"... When I try to import selected sequences it just gets stuck on the loading bar indefinitely. I have no idea what this means but still no access to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a backup or an autosave  file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I disabled it, as it was crashing my computer, I read a forum online which said to disable it to increase performance, and that worked..

Should have just stuck with the crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh..thanks u saved me... I have the same problem the i searched for auto saved files

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out a solution to this? I'm currently encountering it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I solved this by opening the most recent auto-saved file of my project. It wasn't able to save ny latest tweaks to thr project, but it's better than starting again frimom scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. I was wrapping up an edit when Premiere suddenly crashed on me. The error message popped up and right before Premiere closed I saved the project. Maybe that had something to do with it? Now I can't open the project at all and I lost a solid 4 hours of work. I have the auto saved file at least but it doesn't make up for the time I lost. I am very very annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to fix such project files.

Any one with this problem can send me a pm with the link of uploaded project.

You can check this threat to view some repaired projects of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please help me too?!  I've seen you solve this for so many all over this forum.  I'm desperate!

Here's the link to my file: SV.prproj - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Send me your file to this email

chooriy@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can u plz help me? i mailed u my project file.please help me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19sWFDHeoeP7x7zkPcXuUGkitVg58dTy1/view?usp=sharing

here is the project file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK dear

I will check it right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i there can you help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a project but
dont open

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLEASE HELP. I was in the middle of editing a project which I have been working on for a long long long time now and I realised I had accidentally duplicated a couple of files, so I began deleting them and as I deleted them, an error message came up and said that there had been a serious error and my project had to be closed.... all the files then went red and premiere crashed. (FYI i've also been using warp stabilizer if that helps and other manipulative effects)

Now when i go to reopen it, it begins loading and an error message comes up saying " an unknown error occured whilst opening the project".

This isnt the first time something has happened like this either.. the program keeps crashing, deleting files and being unresponsive constantly! Which is really unreliable and I'm actually distraught as to how delicate this software is! I have now being scrolling through tons of forums trying to find an answer which no one can give me. I've just payed a lump of money to use this program and actually feel that I should be reimbursed and compensated for the trouble I repeatedly am encountering.

I've also tried opening it through the media browser, but when i double click on the project, it opens up but contains no contents.

I am currently 4 days away from my project deadline for my final major project on my course and I do not have the time or patience to do this..

Someone PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still available to help people fixing their projects.

Look at the date of this post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsenagha,

I emailed you about this a bit ago but I am in DIRE need of your assistance if you're still able to! I am in dire straits with a project file of mine and need your help getting it back working. Teach us your ways!!

-Casey

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqsknn4g23z0fad/211%20MTD%20Project%20Folder%20CD%2001.02.18%20DUP.prproj?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every one with this problem just check this/ PROBLEM SOLVED

Re: An Unknown error occurred while opening the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

two of my successful recoveries

Geofrey recovered.jpg

krystian recovery.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen, I just mailed you a corrupt premiere project that I have been working on. Please try to recover it. It's a feature film project n I have put my everything in it. Hoping to hear from you.

Raja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohsen_Aghaei

i sent you an email on this email address chooriy@gmail.com

the corrupt project is attached, it is giving me the same error as the others..

after trying all the solutions mentioned on google and tried it on other computers i hope you can solve my problem 

best regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines