I've been using PrPro (always updated) on a laptop for almost 8 months now with
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor 2.60 GHz max
- Graphics Video Max Memory 2 GB
- Intel® Quick Sync Video
- Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology
- 8GB RAM
and enough hard disk space.

Rendering with GPU (Hardware supported when exported to H.264) used to work fine until (assumingly?) some PrPro update made it unavailable. Has been there any adjustments made to PrPro in that regard? Why did it stop supporting my device on GPU so that only the CPU now renders?
It's upsetting because now I have to wait 15 hours of rendering time on a 2-hour movie in HD 1080p. This used to be much much faster.
Thanks
MA

Community Beginner
Correct answer by IRGM | Community Beginner

PrPro 14_3_1 Hardware encoding.jpg

For those with similiar problems: version 14.3.1 works! Just rollback to regain Hardware Encoding Feature (GPU).
I had to downgrade 2 versions to have PrPro functioning at 100% the way it should be.

Still don't agree with the policy of limiting hardware as the product "advances". NO UPDATES FOR ME 😞

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

An update seems to have made Hardware Encoding unavilable

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PrPro (always updated) on a laptop for almost 8 months now with
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor 2.60 GHz max
- Graphics Video Max Memory 2 GB
- Intel® Quick Sync Video
- Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology
- 8GB RAM
and enough hard disk space.

Rendering with GPU (Hardware supported when exported to H.264) used to work fine until (assumingly?) some PrPro update made it unavailable. Has been there any adjustments made to PrPro in that regard? Why did it stop supporting my device on GPU so that only the CPU now renders?
It's upsetting because now I have to wait 15 hours of rendering time on a 2-hour movie in HD 1080p. This used to be much much faster.
Thanks
MA

Community Beginner
Correct answer by IRGM | Community Beginner

For those with similiar problems: version 14.3.1 works! Just rollback to regain Hardware Encoding Feature (GPU).
I had to downgrade 2 versions to have PrPro functioning at 100% the way it should be.

Still don't agree with the policy of limiting hardware as the product "advances". NO UPDATES FOR ME 😞

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed you can edit a 2 hour movie on a machine with those specs.

You might want to rollback to the version that worked well for you, because you are on the very lower limit as to what PP needs hardware wise. 8gb memory is really not enough. And it seems like that is a integrated graphics card. Adobe has been working on the areas of hardware acclerations, so it is inevitable that at some point a given hardware is going to be obsolete. That's the point your machine is at.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MyerPj, I get what you are saying.

Yet this same hardware used to do the same job in approx. 1-4 hours with GPU support. Now an update makes it 15 hours. When a piece of hardware is considered obselete, it doesn't actually perform less. My CPU doens't lose transistors like brian cells when it gets older. The features gets disabled for issues that are not understandable for me.
AND I SHOULD BE WARNED before updating that some major change might incapacitate my hardware by 80-90%.

If it were so slow on day one, I think I would have accepted it. Now I'll just follow your advice and rollback. I was hoping to know WHICH update exactly massacred the GPU support to save my time doing many rollback.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may also be because your hardware is too old. Intel had already discontinued mainstream support for all 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs in 2018. Currently, your CPU is limping along in "legacy" support mode, with no new features or compatibility fixes at all whatsoever, and only critical security fixes, since 2016 (the last issued major update to the Haswell and Broadwell IGP drivers).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RjL190365, I appreciate your reply.

I wasn't trying to use new features with my legacy hardware. Just the nice same old feature that used to do the job in 1-4 hours, which an update (I don't know excatly which) took away. So I'm doing some rollbacks I guess.

Have a good one 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0