Exit

Animate pencil image

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Really new to Premiere Pro..

Does anyone know how to do the following animation?

I have a pencil png, that i would like to simulate a drawing. I have draged it into the movie and made a motion and rotation key frame. I change both the rotation from -50 to -70, and the position.

I would like the "clip" to be looped and moved across the screen. Is it possible to do without inserting hundres of key frames and change the rotation and position hundres of times?

I was thinking that i might be possible to animate the up and down in one step, and the animate the moving across the screen in another step.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could split the animation so that (say) the up/down and any rotation animation is done in the motion control settings for the pencil clip and the horizontal movement was done using the 'transform' plugin. Once you've created the initial loop, let's say just an up and down movement (two position keyframes) using the motion controls. Now copy these two keyframes and  then paste them (a few frames later) to repeat the movement. Do this for as long as you want the up/down movement to happen.

Now apply the 'transform' effect to the same clip and use this to move the pencil across the screen. You only need a start and end keyframe for this. The linked video below shows what this would look like (it's only a very quick and dirty animation).

You could then use a wipe or animated mask on your 'drawn' image to reveal the picture as the pencil moves across the screen.

It won't necessarily look totally convincing but if the movement is fast you might get away with it. 

Many 'manual' keyframes would be much more precise and effective if your pencil needs to correctly follow the drawing but honestly I'd be doing that in After Effects.

pencil rough 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines