• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated gif selection does not appear in output menu of Premiere Pro CC?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched an online tutorial of how to make gif files using Premiere Pro CC. When selecting the output, an animated gif choice appeared in the output drop down menu of the Premiere Pro CC used in the tutorial. However, the output drop down menu of my Premiere Pro CC doesn't contain an animated gif selection. How do I get an animated gif selection to appear in the output drop down menu of my Premiere Pro CC?  I'd like to create gifs with my Premiere Pro CC.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

It took them almost 4 years, but Adobe has finally realeased an update for media encoder CC 2018. Animated GIF is now an option for Mac.Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.25.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like on my PC. Are you on a PC or a MAC?

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

I'm a Creative Cloud member using a Mac running OS X 10.9.2. And the drop-down format list of the Preimere Pro CC downloaded to my mac doesn't have an Animated GIF choice within it's selections of formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

In fact, here's a screen shot of the format selections that appear in my Premiere Pro CC.  Ya see... No Animated GIF selection appears.

My Preimere Format Options.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.

Perhaps other Mac users or Adobe Staff will have input for you. I can't help. Sorry.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I have CC and the Animated gif option is not there.

Following because this would be extremely helpful/useful to have.

I've seen a few messages on boards stating you can do this old school by importing the codec in photoshop then make the gif there, but this seems much faster with rendering, etc.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that Media Encoder allowed this earlier, but now you should use Photoshop to make it work. This just worked for me. (I'm on a Mac running 10.10.5.)

1. Export your movie or animation from Premiere Pro (or even After Effects) via Media Encoder. For Format, choose JPEG. For Preset, pick a corresponding sequence setting. Pick a folder to export the sequence into so it's easy to isolate later.
  2. Open Photoshop and choose the Open command. Navigate to the folder where you saved the sequence and select the first image in the sequence. Click the Image Sequence check box at the bottom of the dialog box and then click OK.
  3. Choose a frame rate in the next dialog box and click OK. That will open the sequence as a movie in Photoshop with a timeline visible at the bottom.
  4. Choose File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy). In the upper right, choose GIF. In the lower right, change the Looping Options setting from Once to Forever. Click the little play button to watch the animation loop. Click Save.
  5. Load the saved GIF into your browser and it should loop. See image posted here.

Please post a reply if this procedure works for you. To avoid a few snags I encountered when trying this out, I would recommend having your movie frame size and duration set in Premiere Pro and not try to do any resizing later. When I resized it later, the looping never happened; it played only once.

animation_sm.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow !! We are in 2016 almost 2017 ... I can't believe there was no answer/solution offered from Adobe moderators ...

Stefan, thanks for the effort, but your solution is a long and painful workaround when the option "export to Animated Gif" with all its nice customisations (like adjusting the fps rate, the aspect ot the images etc..) is built in Media Encoder, After Effects and Premiere FOR WINDOWS .... as we can see with Steven L. comment ...

Please ADOBE tell us how to import that CODEC in the MAC versions ...

And please do it quickly since I need it badly for a project right now ....!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and would really appreciate a response from Adobe on this one! This is really unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lauren: Did you submit a feature request using the previous link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lame that we have to go through all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Boa tarde. descula ja estamos no 2021. Eu consegui fazer assim, voce me ajudou muito! obrigado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 and i have the same problem pls adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Photoshop? I gave instructions for that earlier in this forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files supported for export with Adobe Media Encoder

Apparently not supported on Mac.  You could try to find a plugin.  Very frustrating considering the resurgence of animated gifs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue.

Could the following questions be answered more completely:

1. Is "Animated Gif" function available for CC users on a Mac?

2. The export function in PP does not have an option for Media Encoder. Is there another way to route through ME, or another work around that is simpler?

3. Is there a completely new/different way to generate an animated gif from Premiere Pro clips? One that is simple? It's a lot of work to make the video, then separate, then export, then format again for use on social media platforms.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy,

1. The function is not available for Mac.

2. Choose File > Media Export > Media. In the Export Settings dialog box, click the Queue button to launch Adobe Media Encoder. By the way, you can also drag a sequence from Premiere Pro directly into the Queue panel in Media Encoder if you prefer to work that way.

3. I don't know. There may be a plug-in available. This tutorial shows you how to make a (unpleasant looking) animated GIF but he's on Windows so the command he shows is not available on macOS: Premiere Pro CC: How to Make Animated GIFs in 3 Minutes - YouTube

Actually, try this tutorial for Mac: Make GIFS in Premiere Pro — Premiere Gal

Someone on another forum mentioned this app: GIF Brewery 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this function be available for mac then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea when but it would help to log a feature request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing not any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried ot use Save to web (legacy) in PS, but after it crashed twice I resorted to exporting a view and then using GIPHY Capture and rerecording (not transcoding) the video as a GIF. Not elegant, but it works.

GIPHY Capture. The GIF Maker on the Mac App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dang, seems so silly that I can't just use media encoder for a gif on my mac.  Especially after watching vids of Windows peeps doing it so easily.  On the hunt for a codec plugin.  Will post here if I find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? That's the answer? Either do some crazy complex workflow or submit a feature request? REALLY?! When Windows users can just select a different export format??? REALLY!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!? Come on!! That can't be that hard to implement. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem, It's truly Mind Blowing that I can't have this option on my Mac, If Photoshop can do it why on earth can't Premiere to the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines