Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying AppData Folder

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've onedrive on disk D: and Premiere on C:. When I open Premiere, program creating AppData folder on my OneDrive folder. I have all my projects in subfolders on folder Onedrive but when I delete this folder it creates again. I have also AppDate folder on C: disk. Can I do something to prevent the program from creating the folder on my Onedrive? Its empty and path looks - D:\OneDrive\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical (Technical is a folder and its empty)

--

Best wishes 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this just annoying or are there other ramifications?  If it's just annoying I'd suggest you live with it or reach out to microsoft and hope they provide the necessary support for their product.   If there are other ramifications, please describe them and perhaps someone here will have an answer for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can live with It but I think that Premiere creates this folder and Onedrive or Microsoft company can't do nothing. I would like to change localization of creating this folder, is that posibble? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your project scratch disk settings?  Premiere may be automatically creating these folders because Premiere by default creates folders to store a variety of files including your autosave folder in the same place as your premiere project file.  You can change the scratch disk settings in your project settings to locate these folders on a local drive.  I strongly suggest that you at least locate your autosave folder locally if your project file is being saved in the cloud.  always a good idea to have the project file and the autosaves in different locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, it´s really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Premiere bits set to be in that onedrive system?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I asked back in May...  Not throwing any shade on you Neil,  but neither the op or this last poster ever answered my question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't. It's all set by default.

My theory is that it's a problem with the default location of the Documents folder. It seems that when we change that location, Premiere takes its own AppData folder with it. As if the location of the AppData folder was linked to the Documents folder, not itself. We who use OneDrive naturally changed the default location of the Documents folder and AppData came with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having this issue and I do not use OneDrive or anything like that.

My Documents and Pictures folders have also been moved off of my C: drive to a Z: drive and now after effects will make the OneDrive\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical in my Z: drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Id love to know your workaround. I think the poster above finally answered why this happens- i too have moved my documents folder away from its original location. /No idea why that means premiere must put Appdata on my desktop, but its happened for years. Your link does not go anywhere specific - do you have a link to your actual work around? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I realized I could click your name and see the posts. Found it, will try it tomorrow. You're a champ, Adobe should hire you. I literally started having this problem in 2019 with a prior laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, has noone figured out how to fix this? I havent found any setting telling my D drive to save whatever data. and Yes, i have always moved my documents and everything else like pictures, music, video , and such to a D drive "Docs drive" and that for one makes it easier to deal with every having to reformat and install i can get back to 100% from 0% pretty much in 4 days of working none stop so thats why i do that and I see that adobe AFTER EFFECTS for me is making folders where it wants, and thats following my documents like a little buddy. It has also created that folder once when i was using media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have C:drive on my laptop.  I use Microsoft's One Drive and have nothing in Adobe cloud and would not expect to use it.  I have paid for and use Acrobat Pro and Photoshop Elements - nothing else although some things I have never heard of let alone use seem to get added with Acrobat Pro.  Every time I open my laptop I get AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Input and Output.  Both input and output are nothing but empty.
In other words I have a set of folders on my laptop I don't want, have not asked for, do not use and seem to serve no purpose.  If I delete them it seems to have no effect whatsoever - positive or negative - but next time I boot up, back they come.  Anyone have the least idea what this is and how I can stop it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue about your "trouble" with those folders. Like any app, Premiere Pro has a number of folders it sets up for various uses, and scans them on launch to see if something is there. Those folders are for users that choose to add LUTs to the program on their own.

So ... yes, it expects those folders to be there, it will create them at need as they are part of the main operations of the app, and if you don't use them they take no space whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I was facing the same issue. I did the following: 

1.  Navigate to "Edit > Preferences > Media Cache". In this, you can specify custom folder locations for "Media Cache Files" and Media Cache Databases". I created 2 folders in D drive and specified those.  
  2.  On creating a new project, specify the project location to be a folder in D drive (or wherever you like). 

After doing this, closed the Premiere Pro and started again. Though I had deleted the "AppData" folder from OneDrive, it got created again on the start of Premiere Pro, but it does not save any files in that. Just the folder structure gets created, so you need not worry much about it. 

All the files are actually getting stored in the folders I specified from the D drive.

If it helps you, please UPVOTE and let others know. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines