Highlighted

Annoying AppData Folder

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've onedrive on disk 😧 and Premiere on C:. When I open Premiere, program creating AppData folder on my OneDrive folder. I have all my projects in subfolders on folder Onedrive but when I delete this folder it creates again. I have also AppDate folder on C: disk. Can I do something to prevent the program from creating the folder on my Onedrive? Its empty and path looks - D:\OneDrive\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical (Technical is a folder and its empty)

--

Best wishes 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Annoying AppData Folder

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've onedrive on disk 😧 and Premiere on C:. When I open Premiere, program creating AppData folder on my OneDrive folder. I have all my projects in subfolders on folder Onedrive but when I delete this folder it creates again. I have also AppDate folder on C: disk. Can I do something to prevent the program from creating the folder on my Onedrive? Its empty and path looks - D:\OneDrive\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical (Technical is a folder and its empty)

--

Best wishes 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this just annoying or are there other ramifications?  If it's just annoying I'd suggest you live with it or reach out to microsoft and hope they provide the necessary support for their product.   If there are other ramifications, please describe them and perhaps someone here will have an answer for you.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can live with It but I think that Premiere creates this folder and Onedrive or Microsoft company can't do nothing. I would like to change localization of creating this folder, is that posibble? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your project scratch disk settings?  Premiere may be automatically creating these folders because Premiere by default creates folders to store a variety of files including your autosave folder in the same place as your premiere project file.  You can change the scratch disk settings in your project settings to locate these folders on a local drive.  I strongly suggest that you at least locate your autosave folder locally if your project file is being saved in the cloud.  always a good idea to have the project file and the autosaves in different locations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, it´s really annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Premiere bits set to be in that onedrive system?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I asked back in May...  Not throwing any shade on you Neil,  but neither the op or this last poster ever answered my question.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't. It's all set by default.

My theory is that it's a problem with the default location of the Documents folder. It seems that when we change that location, Premiere takes its own AppData folder with it. As if the location of the AppData folder was linked to the Documents folder, not itself. We who use OneDrive naturally changed the default location of the Documents folder and AppData came with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0