Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anti-Aliasing for swipe transition

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe-Community!

I have a problem which I can't find the answer to and I have watched so many videos but still can't do it. So my question is, I got a background and on the background I got an image which I want to uncover itself with a swipe effect from self to right. The problem is, there is always a hard line with no blur, but I want the line smother in the actual video. I tried it with the Anti-Aliasing Quality in the effect settings of the picture (png), which does work but only in the effect settings screen not actually in the video itself. Can someone help me with that? The 2 Pictures attached show how it looks in the video (Actual Video) and the other one shows how I would like it, the edges are more blur and not that hard cut (Effect Settings Screen).

Actual Video.jpg

Effect Settings Screen.jpg

  

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the crop effect instead. Animate the left or right properties to achieve the wipe effect you want and then increase the Edge Feather to add your desired "blur" or softness you want. The nice thing about the crop effect for this is you can also ease out and ease in the keyframes to give your transition more personality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can apply an opacity mask and animate as desired, you can also increase or decrease its "feather" as much as you'd like.

In the effects control window, under opacity, just click on the rectangle and the mask is created. Add keyframes and animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines