• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any other Quadraplegics creating? I use a cefalic mouse...

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My name is Patricio Escobar, I am a mountain biker from Colombia and suffered a spinal chord injury (C3, C4, C5) while riding my MTB last October 2019. Earlier this year I started using a head mouse which made me think I could start editing video. Before the accident I had a regular YouTube channel where I uploaded videos doing my riding, nothing fancy editing wise just great riding. Somehow one of my videos went viral when I was at the hospital, when I came out, I saw this as a potential to keep uploading videos and now my channel has over 40 million views and 180,000 subscribers. This made me rethink how I could start editing videos using all the footage I have and making them  look great doing real editing stuff. The only problem is that I had to use my head to control the editing software, and to make things worse  (or better) I wanted to do it with Premiere Pro. It has been around three months and I already have uploaded three videos using my edit capabilities. I am still learning how to use the (who's not?) program and with a lot of patience I try to improve every day. If you guys want to take a look at my channel please do: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatricioEscobarDH/ 

This also got me thinking how many people in the world edit videos using premiere Pro without using your hands like me? Editing a good video is a tough job and not being able to use your hands makes it a lot tougher. So, if you guys know of anyone else I would like to to connect with them. I think my story can help a lot of people to try video editing even if they cannot use your hands. For others that do you have hands, it's a great message if they are afraid to start using premiere Pro. If I can do it you can do it. 

I had a chance to speak with the good guys from Adobe  Latin America and told them my story which got me a one year free Adobe cloud usage. It's great to hear that companies like Adobe understand the difficulties for some of us but also the willingness to explore and try new things like editing with your head. Thanks Adobe I hope sometime we can show everyone sharing my story saying "it is possible". One love.

Patricio Escobar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting post. Thanks.

I think I  would try to keep being creative in the sense that you move on from the tragedy and tell a story... which was biking with camera on head ? Then you became a human dart into a tree and now are limited with stuff. Why not ask a friend to turn on a camera and tell a new story we want to see and hear. Like Steven Hawking ? The reason you loved biking was manifold and thinking of human compassion and pathos is not the main story, in my opinion. Just push beyond that and tell a new story. It doesn't have to be about 'you' ( in fact that is the bain of most writers... that they write about their own life experiences sorta ).

I know you can do it and find a way to get that camera turned on.

: )

maybe a commercial ? shoot cut wrap done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is about 45 secs.... and not what I was talking about for you. It's more like simple. About compassion in general.

I got it from some ex producer director who said it won some award at some film festival.

It would be cool to live in same small town as you and come over with camera and lights and stuff to make a short film ( commercial length cause my home stuff is not pro post house multi million dollar stuff ).

I could turn on the camera and lights and work with you to tell a story I like. Maybe some others you know can help do that ??

Think of toy story or your own story ( not personal but imagined ).

https://vimeo.com/450546668

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patricio, I just saw your video downhill mountain trail Comuna Colombia. Amazing, and that after your injuries! I've been in Colombia several times and know how steep and  narrow those streets and villages are! Nice captured by your gopro, you feel like you are there with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pet,

How cool that you got to see the video and found me on this forum! Yeah those streets here in Medellin are really steep and narrow,  I think that was that's what makes that video so popular,  more than 100 million views on my channel,  it's amazing! Thanks for the shout out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines