Highlighted

Any other Quadraplegics editing? I use a cefalic mouse...

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My name is Patricio Escobar, I am a mountain biker from Colombia and suffered a spinal chord injury (C3, C4, C5) while riding my MTB last October 2019. Earlier this year I started using a head mouse which made me think I could start editing video. Before the accident I had a regular YouTube channel where I uploaded videos doing my riding, nothing fancy editing wise just great riding. Somehow one of my videos went viral when I was at the hospital, when I came out, I saw this as a potential to keep uploading videos and now my channel has over 40 million views and 180,000 subscribers. This made me rethink how I could start editing videos using all the footage I have and making them  look great doing real editing stuff. The only problem is that I had to use my head to control the editing software, and to make things worse  (or better) I wanted to do it with Premiere Pro. It has been around three months and I already have uploaded three videos using my edit capabilities. I am still learning how to use the (who's not?) program and with a lot of patience I try to improve every day. If you guys want to take a look at my channel please do: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatricioEscobarDH/ 

This also got me thinking how many people in the world edit videos using premiere Pro without using your hands like me? Editing a good video is a tough job and not being able to use your hands makes it a lot tougher. So, if you guys know of anyone else I would like to to connect with them. I think my story can help a lot of people to try video editing even if they cannot use your hands. For others that do you have hands, it's a great message if they are afraid to start using premiere Pro. If I can do it you can do it. 

I had a chance to speak with the good guys from Adobe  Latin America and told them my story which got me a one year free Adobe cloud usage. It's great to hear that companies like Adobe understand the difficulties for some of us but also the willingness to explore and try new things like editing with your head. Thanks Adobe I hope sometime we can show everyone sharing my story saying "it is possible". One love.

Patricio Escobar

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any other Quadraplegics editing? I use a cefalic mouse...

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My name is Patricio Escobar, I am a mountain biker from Colombia and suffered a spinal chord injury (C3, C4, C5) while riding my MTB last October 2019. Earlier this year I started using a head mouse which made me think I could start editing video. Before the accident I had a regular YouTube channel where I uploaded videos doing my riding, nothing fancy editing wise just great riding. Somehow one of my videos went viral when I was at the hospital, when I came out, I saw this as a potential to keep uploading videos and now my channel has over 40 million views and 180,000 subscribers. This made me rethink how I could start editing videos using all the footage I have and making them  look great doing real editing stuff. The only problem is that I had to use my head to control the editing software, and to make things worse  (or better) I wanted to do it with Premiere Pro. It has been around three months and I already have uploaded three videos using my edit capabilities. I am still learning how to use the (who's not?) program and with a lot of patience I try to improve every day. If you guys want to take a look at my channel please do: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatricioEscobarDH/ 

This also got me thinking how many people in the world edit videos using premiere Pro without using your hands like me? Editing a good video is a tough job and not being able to use your hands makes it a lot tougher. So, if you guys know of anyone else I would like to to connect with them. I think my story can help a lot of people to try video editing even if they cannot use your hands. For others that do you have hands, it's a great message if they are afraid to start using premiere Pro. If I can do it you can do it. 

I had a chance to speak with the good guys from Adobe  Latin America and told them my story which got me a one year free Adobe cloud usage. It's great to hear that companies like Adobe understand the difficulties for some of us but also the willingness to explore and try new things like editing with your head. Thanks Adobe I hope sometime we can show everyone sharing my story saying "it is possible". One love.

Patricio Escobar

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0

Have something to add?