• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any solution to a graphic card error? - I could not find any capable video play modules.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m running the latest Windows 10, latest version of Premiere Pro (the error is the same on all the adobe products, also tried old versions - the same). I installed, re-installed, uninstalled every possible version of the graphic card driver (including the latest) multiple times. I have AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT. The only workaround is disabling the GPU. Then I´m able to turn the Adobe software on. But what do I have a graphic card for if I can´t use it? I´m truly hopeless at this point since I´ve tried many solutions I´ve found on the internet but nothing helped. I always get these two errors when trying to turn any Adobe software on. It has obviously something to do with the graphic card since it´s okay with it disabled. Please help! Thanks

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 11.07.2020 13_01_11.png

Error 11.07.2020 14_44_45.png

  

Settings 11.07.2020 14_46_37.png

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

I changed the settings in BIOS to PEG, still no difference. And then I thought of (and this is probably super dumb) switching the connector from motherboard to the graphic card itself. I thought that it shouldn´t make a difference and also it was working fine this way before. But to my surprise - it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Module Errors
1st, Read http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html
2nd, Dual video problems - Do you have dual graphics adapters?
Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Device Manager... In Device manager you click the + sign to the left of Display Adapters... and see if 2 are listed
IF YES, read below
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Premiere-Pro-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modul...
-Use BIOS https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/quot-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-quot-... to select a display adapter
-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-switchable-graphics-vs-nvidia-opti...

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT.

I cannot find that card on the Recommended graphics cards list but that should not mean that Premiere Pro throws different errors at you. That list is just kind of "It may, or may not work with another card".

Try this to start with: Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules"

The "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: the parameter is incorrect." error seems to be driver related. If you Google it there are lot´s of info and how to solve it. The problem is that there seems to be several ways to solve it, so it´s hard to pick the correect one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this already. But I have a problem with the step including Catalyst Control Center. I don´t know if it´s a software that doesn´t support my type of card but all I have is AMD Radeon Software which offers frustratingly little configuration. So I don´t know how to choose the graphics processor manually. Anyways, I´m about to try out the BIOS thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the settings in BIOS to PEG, still no difference. And then I thought of (and this is probably super dumb) switching the connector from motherboard to the graphic card itself. I thought that it shouldn´t make a difference and also it was working fine this way before. But to my surprise - it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that you solved it! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and great that you came back and posted your solution...  Not enough people do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the process to fix, please?  Premiere Pro worked great for months for me - then all of a sudden the loadlibrary 87 error and video play modules errors appeared.  I've updated AMD Radeon driver, but still NOT working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as I said - I think the solution was connecting the display straight to the card instead of the motherboard. not sure tho if that´s what solved it. before that, I changed the preferred graphics to external instead of the one in the CPU in BIOS. (it´s different in every BIOS in mine it was PEG - I´m not very techy and not good in BIOS but I just looked thru all of the settings and was trying to find something related to GPU)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines