Highlighted

Any update to CS6 6.0.5 issue?

Guide ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know whether there been a resolution to the Windows CS6 6.0.5 update issue?  I am now needing to update 6.0.0 and the Adobe links are still dead.  Looking at earlier posts, these links seem to have been dead for some considerable time.  So much for Adobe being leaders in technology!    

Success, albeit down a convoluted route! 

- I uninstalled Kaspersky and added CS6 to Windows Ransomware. No joy.

- Created a new Windows profile, and ran CS6 update from within PP CS6 in new profile. 

- AAM reported updates available to every app except PP.  I ran these and rebooted. 

- AAM reported all apps were up-to-date including PP (still 6.0.0).

- Ran 6.0.5 patch outside program with success.

- Switched back to my working Profile.  PP now showing 6.0.5

For some reason, something must have corrupted my profile, preventing it from running AAM.  

Thanks for all your help.   

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any update to CS6 6.0.5 issue?

Guide ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know whether there been a resolution to the Windows CS6 6.0.5 update issue?  I am now needing to update 6.0.0 and the Adobe links are still dead.  Looking at earlier posts, these links seem to have been dead for some considerable time.  So much for Adobe being leaders in technology!    

Success, albeit down a convoluted route! 

- I uninstalled Kaspersky and added CS6 to Windows Ransomware. No joy.

- Created a new Windows profile, and ran CS6 update from within PP CS6 in new profile. 

- AAM reported updates available to every app except PP.  I ran these and rebooted. 

- AAM reported all apps were up-to-date including PP (still 6.0.0).

- Ran 6.0.5 patch outside program with success.

- Switched back to my working Profile.  PP now showing 6.0.5

For some reason, something must have corrupted my profile, preventing it from running AAM.  

Thanks for all your help.   

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from within the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, that's not happening.  The Checking For Updates dialogue box remains indefinitely...Annotation 2020-08-13 112158.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that Adobe will allow download of CS updates.

CS3 is dead and CS4,5,6 are on life support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, doing an update from inside CS6 will NOT work if you have the Cloud, it will only work with the CS6 manager

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your valuable advice John.  I am looking into it now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had CS6 6.0.5 co-existing within the last year with Creative Cloud photographer's package.  I'm sure I was able to upgrade through the CC control panel.  CS6 showed up as an earlier app.  That option has now been removed.  Last year Adobe posted a links page to updates, but all the links are dead.  They haven't gotten around to removing the page or fixing the links.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to contact support. See if you can get a link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0