• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to add buts to a square shape in Essential Graphics? Like TikTok title boxes?

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing and adding text for TikTok through premiere and I'm trying to emulate the text boxes and font used in Tik-Tok. I created an Essential graphics preset but couldn't add the buts to the square box. ANy suggestions? Does anybody know of any presets that can do this? I use Premiere Composer but I cannot get rid of the intro/outro animation. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Thanks Neil.

Expanded mask on a color matte.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue what you mean here ... non at all. A bit more explanation or a sample of the shape you want would have been helpful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha Neil, 

I'm guessing you maybe haven't used Tik-Tok, so I understand the confusion. Attached is a picture of what I mean. See how the outer corners on the text box are round (or butted), I'm trying to do that with a rectangle shape in the Essential Graphics panel to make a text preset. maxresdefault.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

Expanded mask on a color matte.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann! It's so simple but I keep forgetting it, as I don't use this much.Would be better if they simply gave more shape control options in the EGP ... maybe someday.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Ann Bens ! And I agree with you @R Neil Haugen , would be great if it were an option so you could make shapes like that as an option in the EGP. Might have to UserVoice that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative you can draw a shape in the EGP,

make is full frame

drop mask and expand.....

or

draw a shape

add stroke in the same color

add round join and round cap........

afbeelding.png

The size of the rounded corner are somewhat limited in size compared to the mask expansion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens  just posted how to do that here a couple days ago. Let's see if she pops in again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add this to my EG panel? I want to make a preset out of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save it as a preset from the effect controls but I would save it as a mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a tool created to match the look of TikTok text exactly. Fonts are all listed.
https://www.tiktoktexttool.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines