• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to fix the discrepancy in aspect ratio between videos?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for whatever reason, Adobe Premiere decided it'd be wise to change up the aspect ratio for the various projects I was creating (which all stored 1080p videos in them) for a singular project at the end. Now, I have wildly different exported videos. When I try to put them together, some are too wide for the screen. It's weird because they all fill up the screen when I watch them on my VLC player. Please don't tell me I have to edit that BS again. Is there really no convenient way to make the super-wide videos fuller to match the others, maybe??

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible when you were editing the original videos they were incorrectly flagged as anamorphic or you put the videos into an anamorphic sequence? Or something else went wrong 🙂 Not sure really...

But in your new poject where you put them together -

For a clip that is too wide (or any wrong aspect) for your new sequence (which by the way make sure is set to 1920x1080 and is set to 'Square pixels' in your 'Sequence settings') do this:

Right click the clip in your sequence and choose 'Set to frame size' 

or if that does not work:

select the clip in your sequence > go to 'Effect Controls' > in the 'Scale' setting uncheck 'Uniform Scale' and adjust Scale width and height so the clip fits the frame. If you have multiple clips that have exactly the same aspect distortion you can 'copy' a clip in the sequnece that has been fixed and then right click other problem clip with the same aspect distotion and select 'paste attributes' and ensure the 'Motion' chewckbox is ticked. The 'scale' changes you made to the previous clip will now be applied to this clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines