Highlighted

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week or so, I've had a strange issue where sometimes when I open a project and try to play the timeline, there's no audio. It happens for every sequence in the project. It's not that the audio is playing and I'm just not hearing it, the audio levels don't even move. It's as if all audio has been muted. The only thing that brings it back is to solo one of the audio tracks and then unsolo it. After that everything starts working again.

Premiere Pro v12.1.0

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Extreme4 Gen3

Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

2TB SSD OS

8TB Raid 10 Storage

All drivers are up to date.

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week or so, I've had a strange issue where sometimes when I open a project and try to play the timeline, there's no audio. It happens for every sequence in the project. It's not that the audio is playing and I'm just not hearing it, the audio levels don't even move. It's as if all audio has been muted. The only thing that brings it back is to solo one of the audio tracks and then unsolo it. After that everything starts working again.

Premiere Pro v12.1.0

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Extreme4 Gen3

Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

2TB SSD OS

8TB Raid 10 Storage

All drivers are up to date.

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 13, 2018 4
123 Replies 123
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue, for me it's behaving as if tracks 1-3 are muted but they are definitely not.  Track 4 plays fine, and all my audio plays in track 4, so that rules out anything to do with the clips, it's definitely a track issue.  In the other tracks I'm not getting levels to show up or any sound.

Also V12.1.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround: So far it seems I can drag all my audio down to new tracks and it plays fine.  It's as if some tracks just wont play audio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh pleasee help meee. I do have a a problem like yours too !! My audio 1 and 3 are behaving like they muted. Do you have a solution how to fix this??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a commonly reported issue.  You can work through the Troubleshooter below.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened today after a crash due to search box, then the sound disappears even there is audio signal in the audio bar. Then I tried to solo one track then un solo it, it worked, I don't know if that is the solution, but there is something wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the audio goes away completely, showing no signal in the audio bar. I've made a short video to demonstrate what's happening for me:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 7
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Same problem here and your solution works for me, too.

Yeah, Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO SO much for posting this video, ShaunK321. I thought I was losing my mind. Solo-ing and unsolo-ing each audio layer solved the problem. Can't thank you enough.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'm having multiple issues that I've assumed could all be fixed with one action. You've eliminated one of them.

Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solo-unsolo method worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same problem. The latest update of PP is not running very well. I can fix the audio issue by toggling the mute or solo button of one of the audio tracks while playing the sequence. All my audio starts playing. The problem comes back occasionally but if I just pick a random track and toggle the mute or solo it comes back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 6
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It moving the audio clips to the new Audio Tracks does not fix it permanently. Also, I am getting a buzz out of the right channel occasionally, sporadic, when the audio does not play.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this I was about to go manic depressive yesterday after searching every diy premiere audio fix I could but then I found this thread. I missed a deadline bc of this so I hope adobe gets their shit together bc i dont want to have to change editing platforms or miss another deadline over opening a project and having a new problem to deal with. I know its a complex program but the audio issues seem to be a continuous theme over the years from what I read and now this is a new one. Opened my project this morning and I had to waste time trying to get audio to play from certain sections of music bc it would just cut out/in mid track. I really like premiere otherwise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my question it was suggested to create a new project from the sequence. That would be fine if I only had one sequence, not a herd of them.

In any case, it only worked immediately, as once I saved, closed, and reopened the new project I had the same problem. Even going into the Multi-Cam Source Sequence and Solo/Unsolo individual Audio Tracks did not do the trick. Now I have created new Audio Tracks in the Multi-Cam Source Sequence, moved the audio clips to those and it made the Sequence work. Quit and opened and it worked.... So I think I am going to have to go into each Multi-Cam Source Sequence and create new Audio tracks, move the audio clips to those tracks, and Wallah! Hopefully    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0