• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week or so, I've had a strange issue where sometimes when I open a project and try to play the timeline, there's no audio. It happens for every sequence in the project. It's not that the audio is playing and I'm just not hearing it, the audio levels don't even move. It's as if all audio has been muted. The only thing that brings it back is to solo one of the audio tracks and then unsolo it. After that everything starts working again.

Premiere Pro v12.1.0

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Extreme4 Gen3

Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

2TB SSD OS

8TB Raid 10 Storage

All drivers are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 125 Replies 125
Engaged ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Shaun for posting this. After many hours and no clue from adobe support - athough they did demand  money -  this worked! Appreciate the video which made it easy to follow.

I solo tracked even the ones I wasn't using and that brought the sound back up to the level I had.

Thanks

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same workaround has worked for me. Definitely a bug, almost every time I open a Premiere project. Have to Solo then Un-Solo an audio track to get sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is not working. Can you provide the link along with the embedded video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video doesnt play, can you send itagain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shaun. Hello Adobe(?). This is also a persistent problem on PrP 12.1.1 MacOS 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send in a bug report at the following link:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I went ahead and created one titled "Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track". It's more likely to get noticed if you upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShaunK321 I voted for your bug fix selection via the link... but just a heads up that soloing/unsoloing does not always return normal playback. Sometimes certain audio clips stop playing back in both the source monitor and program/sequence. Quitting Premiere, deleting all cache files, and restarting is the only way I have found to fix this. Different bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BGPictures  wrote

@ShaunK321 I voted for your bug fix selection via the link... but just a heads up that soloing/unsoloing does not always return normal playback. Sometimes certain audio clips stop playing back in both the source monitor and program/sequence. Quitting Premiere, deleting all cache files, and restarting is the only way I have found to fix this. Different bug?

Yeah, that sounds like it may be a different bug. The issue I'm having is consistent, happens with every single project I open and soloing and unsoloing always fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem except that none of the suggested fixes are working.  I've tried soloing/muting, duplicating the sequence, copy/pasting tracks into other sequences, clearing Media cache. 

My normal audio setup is running in/out through a Focusrite Saffire and speakers, which is verified working with audio from other sources (not Premiere), and I have tried other audio outputs with Premiere, like the computer built-in speaker but I am getting NO audio from Premiere at all, no matter what I do.

I had been using CC 2017, then updated to 2018, can't recall when the issue started, but at one point it worked after I installed an update, maybe when going from 12.1 to 12.1.1, but now of course it isn't working again after having quit the program and opening it again.

I'm going to try uninstalling/reinstalling CC2018.  This is ridiculous.

MacPro 2 x 2.66 (early 2009)

24GB RAM

OS X 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike.buckhout​ are you getting any audio levels showing on the Premiere Pro meters while playing? If so, it may indicate it's an output issue rather than Premiere not playing the audio altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, I see meters for sure, so definitely an output issue here.

Update - I just uninstalled 12.1.1, and then installed 12.1.0 and now I can hear audio again... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike.buckhout  wrote

Oh yeah, I see meters for sure, so definitely an output issue here.

Update - I just uninstalled 12.1.1, and then installed 12.1.0 and now I can hear audio again... for now.

Well, glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soloing / muting worked for me in the past, but not this last time.  Track A1 was working but not any of the other audio tracks.  I could move working audio from A1 to A2 and it did not make a sound.

What worked for me was to right click on the light gray area in the timeline window near the track listings and select Delete Tracks.  I deleted all empty tracks.  Then I re-added an audio track.  When I put an audio clip there it plays.

Adobe, I really am going to look for alternatives, it's getting ridiculous how much time I spend seeking workarounds and answers for technical glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Solo bug has been long fixed.  I've not heard of any other users hitting anything like what you describe here.  The only thing I can thing of was that you had somehow routed the track output to someplace that was not outputting sound?  Were you working in an Adaptive track or Multichannel master?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what happening in our suites and we stumbled on the same solution - if that's that right description!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening. Between the "no audio"bug and the intermittent disabled search bar, these bugs are starting to pile up. I wouldn't mind them so much if they just respected their customers enough to TELL US what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with track Solo and saving projects.  For now, solo, then unsolo the tracks you can't hear.  This will work around the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue being known by Adobe does not help me currently, Matt_Stegner and Adobe, as I have been dealing with this for weeks and wasting way too much time on it. Like the problem with the sound dropping etc., the fix is not always consistent which causes me to waste more time trying all sorts of solutions. This has gone on way too long and the lack of information from Adobe, besides that kind of tone deaf remark, is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soloing/unsoloing doesn't fix it for me. The original fix I was doing was creating a new Sequence and copying over everything to it, but now that doesn't work anymore. I even tried downgrading to 12.1 and 12.0 and that doesn't work either. This bug literally corrupts your .prproj file.

I just lost hours of work over this bug. Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, it seems this workaround doesn't work for everyone, I have the same issue, I open my project and play the project, everything works fine, when I stop the play head and go back to the beginning the first track doesn't have any sound? muting and soloing does not work for me, I have to close Prem Pro and re-open it every time, very frustrating. I just updated Prem Pro as I always stay a couple of versions behind because of bugs, but I have just updated to the new version 12.1.1 and it still has this same problem, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop coming out with new versions adobe! you continue to screw me.

anyone been on avid lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since I updated to 12.1.1. Soloing and unsoloing has been my workaround as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solo unsolo does not work for me.  This is an unbelievable bug to have crop up in this software.  Basically PrPro is unusable.  I will have to go back to a more stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, good news is that thanks to people from this thread up-voting the bug report, Adobe is now looking into the issue:

adobe_review.jpg

So, thanks to everyone who helped get the ball rolling on this. I'll let you know if they email me again saying it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines