• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone Else Getting No Audio Playback After Opening A Project?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week or so, I've had a strange issue where sometimes when I open a project and try to play the timeline, there's no audio. It happens for every sequence in the project. It's not that the audio is playing and I'm just not hearing it, the audio levels don't even move. It's as if all audio has been muted. The only thing that brings it back is to solo one of the audio tracks and then unsolo it. After that everything starts working again.

Premiere Pro v12.1.0

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Extreme4 Gen3

Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

2TB SSD OS

8TB Raid 10 Storage

All drivers are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Since this is still an issue with the latest update from Adobe, I thought I'd go ahead an post a video showing the workaround of soloing and unsoloing a track to get the audio playing again. Hopefully Adobe will be able to fix the issue soon and we won't have to use a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 125 Replies 125
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying!

I have been working with After Effects for about 3 years & have never had this difficulty before.

I am approaching the deadline of this project!

HELP!!!!

Premier Pro does not give as much character to Kinetic Typography as After Effects, but there isn't JACK that I can do without the D@mn music!

Oh & switching in/out of Solo didn't do a thing.   

I am not a happy camper.

This isn't cricket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After opening the project, the mp3 file worked, but all of the wav files didn't until I did the solo/unsolo trick to get them working again."

This happens on a per track basis, that track must not have been affected.  We have a fix in hand for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt_Stegner  wrote

"After opening the project, the mp3 file worked, but all of the wav files didn't until I did the solo/unsolo trick to get them working again."

This happens on a per track basis, that track must not have been affected.  We have a fix in hand for this bug.

Interesting. You're right. I opened my project, which has seven audio tracks and tracks 1-5 weren't working, no matter what audio files I dragged to them. Tracks 6 and 7 were both working with any audio clip I dragged onto them. And soloing, then unsoloing, any track got them all working again. Glad you have a fix coming. Will it be included in the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Will it be included in the next update?"

I cannot comment on future products.  <shrug>  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the solo / unsolo worked for me too — I've been having this issue fairly consistently unfort.  Adobe, please fix!

I'm on a Mac Pro 2013 with 32GB and MS40 speakers on Digital Out, running PPro v 12.1.1 (build 10) on High Sierra 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found that closing and reopening worked to fix. I have two macs and had the same issue. Your solution is way better! Thanks for sharing, it seemed no one was talking about this bug which was infuriating me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. Happily the solo/unsolo track action fixes it. Hopefully this will get solved more successfully than that movie about Solo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another really crappy symptom to this problem — I just had to re-export a sequence... without changing A SINGLE THING in the project or the timeline, Premiere magically and independently turned all audio OFF, so that I got a silent export.  Had to solo-unsolo then re-export to get it to work.

ADOBE — you really need to make this a priority fix, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue along with many other reported issues are being addressed in a future update.

It does take time to validate these fixes so we appreciate everyone's patience in awaiting a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this should not happen. Once there is a stable release, It should not be messed with. Especially not multiple times a year. Im baffled why that concept is so hard for adobe to grasp.

I read my client your statement. They dont care. They want their video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea of a timeline? We are getting a very hard end of the stick because of these issues that have been pretty much ignored by Adobe, other than lip service like the above message, for two months and driving a lot of Premiere Pro users frustratingly crazy. Users and clients are not happy. We may not all be high-end cinema makers with personal Adobe reps, but we need some help and solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! Not sure my last response got thru.

I showed my client your response. They do not care. They want their video.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, have just had the problem of Audio only playing when tracks are on solo.
Fixed it by creating a new timeline, copying all content in to it.

Have to say that my otherwise trusted laptop PC turned itself off in mid-rendering of a WMV file, and that this is most likely what caused the bug.
It is currently hot weather in London + number of attached devices, which I assume to have caused the instant power off.

Anyway, this is a great thread - hope that Adobe will apply some urgent resources to fix the bug.
Side positive is that it encouraged me to clean out the cache and database 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me. I was wasting time trying audio settings to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!! So Simple!!! You saved me! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally at the 90% marker on my first feature length film shot on an iPhone. I was putting final touches on it to do some ADR and now I feel like I'm miles away from finishing. My only option would be to start editing the entire film again on another program. Please do not make me do that. I know it's crazy, but take all of these concerns really seriously. I am about to jump ship and I probably won't be back to Adobe if not. This is a really silly issue and costing me massive time and momentum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like there is an update out today (12.1.2) that contains a fix for this bug. I received an email from Adobe today saying, "Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue." I'm going to wait to update until after I finish my current project, since you never know if there's going to be new bugs that come about from the update, but I hope people will chime in here on whether or not this fixed the audio issue for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reminder that projects with this symptom should be saved in 12.1.2 and the issue should be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It worked for me as I was having this issue while working on a mulit cam sequence!  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and toggling a solo button on a track didn't fix it until I updated to 12.1.2. It's still a bug though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like the same or a related issue. When I change audio gain on several clips at once, the first clip plays, but all the others show changed p

eaks, but don't produce sound and the levels show blank. Hitting solo does bring them back. But removing solo makes them disappear again. When I export if the solos are on, then the audio is in the output. If they are off, then there is no audio in the output. 

I am using version 12.1.1. I'm hesitant to upgrade while in the middle of a project because I don't know what new bugs have been introduced.

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the latest install version and had not seen this issue of muted tracks since updating.
However, yesterday I opened a previously perfectly healthy project to render out a quick master for client in new format.
When file played back with no sound on, I initially though that it was due to everything else than this dumb bug.
It was the bug and soloing/muting/un-soloing tracks fixed the problem - but what a waste of time.

MY CC subscription is up for renewal in late September and with all the problems in current version (not being able to organise certain clips drag-&-drop in to bins is another "missing" feature) + competitors such as Avid getting more aggressive, I am not sure what is keeping me at Adobe...

(There is a strong hint here for Adobe: That the cost of product must match quality and functionality, not least the time operator is wasting on finding work-arounds basic bugs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that existing projects need to be saved using the updated Premiere version for the bug to be gone. Try saving and re-opening the project.

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Thank you.
I will try that, although that was a redelivery of one of the masters in a different file format, in a project otherwise closed.

Adding the project have been saved many times under the latest install, just not with a new file name.

All the Best
Mads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahah wow! I have this same issue! Soloing and unsoloing a audio track actually did work for me. It usually happens when I return to a project after a weekend or something. Man the random bugs in primere pro are so annoying, so thanks for posting this and the "fix"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines