• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply video effect to multiple part of a clip?

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply an effect "change to color" to certain sections of the time line. E.g. from 1:00 to 1:05, then from 1:40 to 1:45, ...

My timeline has only one video clip.

Do I have to cut the clip into many pieces in order to apply effects to the desired section?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just cut the parts where you want to apply the effect,as you mentioned you have just two parts

ps: if you want a smooth change from part to another(if you're in the same location and angle and everything)you can apply the cross dissolve transition between the cuts it will work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haven't used that effect, but most but not all parameters for effects can be keyframed over time.  can be a little tricky til you get the hang of it, and Joellebh's suggestion may be easier for you to do.   But keyframing will give you greater control than having the same parameters for the duration of that section with dissolves in and out...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines