• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying .look files in Premiere Pro CC

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)  In the effects area, under Lumetri Looks, there are presets to play around with to change the color scheme,  However I also found places online where you can download .look files to add  more options in Premiere Pro. An example of where i downloaded some of these looks can be found at:

SpeedGrade Looks « digitalfilms

While these .look files originated from speedgrade, there is supposed to be a way that it can be applied to the clip in Premiere Pro.  Anybody out there know how to do this with .look files living on your harddrive?

Thanks everyone in advance for your input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

As said in the help files, and shown in the tutorials on this by Adobe ... for Look files, go to the Creative tab, click the drop-down arrow, and navigate to the folder where you keep your Look files. Select one, and it will be applied.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said in the help files, and shown in the tutorials on this by Adobe ... for Look files, go to the Creative tab, click the drop-down arrow, and navigate to the folder where you keep your Look files. Select one, and it will be applied.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always love to help!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

I was wondering whether you could clarify the difference between a .look and a .cube file. Are there reasons to use one or the other? I haven't been able to find a clear answer in Adobe's documentation or on other sites, but it's possible I've missed it somewhere.

Thanks so much!

-Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Look files format I think originallly was part of Iridas, which was bought out by Adobe and provided as SpeedGrade to us users until they EOL'd that application. They've kept compatibility with those files still. Essentially, they are an Adobe form of a cube LUT, and work ok in PrPro.

The .cube files are more cross-application usable.

The other thing that is confusing is the way the word "Look" is used. You can have a .Look file that is a cube LUT format file, or a Look ... that is just a preset of the Lumetri instance with the settings already 'set'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really helpful — thanks, Neil. I'm understanding why I was little confused. Appreciate the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines