Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Open Captions in Premiere

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC - version 12.0.0 build 224

Hi - i am trying to create a burned in (open) captions video for a video in Arabic. I have got most of the work sorted out but i can't get Premiere to remember that the captions should be right to left.

I have uploaded an srt file which is correct and i have correctly sized and positioned it but i dont seem to be able to mark it as being a Right to Left language.

Editing the captions the screen looks like this (looking at the caption that has an in time of 00:00:26:26) which apart from the leading period i believe looks correct.

However the monitor panel looks like this

Also i mark the individual captions as "Right to Left reading order" but (a) i cannot export the media and (b) when i do anything like scroll to the top the right to left designation is forgotten.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also stuck with this? Need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stuck with the same problem. Someone send help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isaac, this is an old thread. The new caption workflow, as of PR 2021 (version 15), uses a different method in part. So what version are you using?

In either method, check your settings:

Edit -> Preferences -> Graphics -> South Asisan and Middle Eastern (vs European and East Asian)

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines