• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic text problem

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys . so thank God in those couple years we can now write arabic in Adobe product . but After the latest updates and the new text tool i still got some problems  and i hope you can help me :

1- in the legacy title some letters doesn't connect but when i write it on the text tool it connect .. please find the photo Attached

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 3.02.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-04 at 3.01.46 PM.png

2- the new text tool Add a space after the word as you can see in photo 1   ...so it can't be aligned right

3- is there a magic button i don't know that can the legacy tool options come to the new text tool as aligning and all other text things

thank you guys hope you can help me

cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look like different fonts - does the same thing happen if you use the same font in both tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it happen and i used the same font 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't read Arabic but here I have used the Adobe Arabic font and I don't seem to have these issues. Perhaps try this font and see if it happens.

arabic.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Mike, I'm afraid your screenshot shows the dreaded dis-jointed Arabic text.

@anas

Change language settings in the Preferences so that "South Asian and Middle Eastern" is selected.

language.jpg

Create a new Legacy title layer, and choose appropriate character settings

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 10.18.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zaid .

Thank you for taking time to help in that issue. I am already checked the South Asian and middle eastern button otherwise It would not write anything in Arabic ..my problem is that when I write In The legacy title some letters don't connect like "ه‍" but when I write it in the new text tool "the graphics tab" it connect so I wanna know how to fix it in legacy title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For someone coming from printing industry, I seldom use Premiere pro, so here is how I tested Legacy Title.

From the menu File > New > Legacy Title, I picked a desirable video settings to get into title window. If the text engine in the Graphics preferences is chosen, then Arabic text will show dis-jointed, however if I choose South Asian and Middle Eastern text engine then my text shows as intended.

I assume you tried other Open Type fonts to see if they behave differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey zaid,

i get what you are talking about but that to convert it to write Arabic but i am already in middle east letters so it writes Arabic and it connects but in the legacy tool there are some letters that do not connect. but in the graphic title, it connect so that is not a problem in the font and it is a problem in the legacy tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Zaid,

I'm using the most recent version of AE 15.1.1 (build 12) and I am working on a project which is a credit sequence in Arabic. I have been copy/pasting names from a document I was sent by my client listing all the credit names in Arabic and pasting them into AE for animation etc.

After following the steps in AE; Preferences>General>Type>"South Asian and Middle Eastern", it all worked fine.  The font I have been using is Adobe Arabic and this is clear and easy to work with. 

My problem came with one or two very specific words/characters which, when I pasted into AE, appeared differently to the original Arabic text document I had copied them from.  The specific name in question was 'Abdullah Al Mulla', in Arabic عبد الله الملا  What I have just pasted is the name as it appears in the document, however when I paste it into AE, it appears as (ignore the line in the top-left):Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 11.14.54.png

If I then highlight this text in AE, copy+paste back into this forum's type right now, it is back to  عبد الله المل - a slightly different version of the original!  The difference seems to be in the little accent about the central word, which isn't pasting across.

Is there a workaround for these particular words when 99% of the rest are totally fine?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Owens, although I'm not an After Effects user as I work on other Adobe products for print/publishing industry however, I do feel this is a mere highlight and select issue.

In my opinion the last letter on the left was left out when you selected and copied text from one location to another, I just replicated the steps you mentioned without any loss of last character.

For the name عبد الله الملا you may add last Arabic letter by typing the letter "H" on the keyboard but make sure first to have Arabic as your keyboard input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so the letters SHOULD all connect?

I have only done Arabic text a couple of times before - the most annoying thing is the reversing when you copy/paste. Would be good if adobe could implement automatic reversal when you paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikedzk  wrote

Ah, so the letters SHOULD all connect?

Well, not all characters have to be jointed but some. For instance the two words you pasted into Premiere should read as…

بعض النصوص

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to use the legacy tool (which I'm sure adobe will remove at some point) is the new tool works correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the legacy tool goy a lot of controlling options like aligning .right to left ...and it is really hard to have a full control in the new title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anaselkhatib,

Are you clear of this issue yet? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kevin,

unfortunately no I still have a problem and it is really weird that some letters don't connect in the legacy tool but it does in the graphic tool .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both the Legacy Title and the Graphic Text and both work perfect writing Arabic text that I tested

using more than 1 Arabic font family. The letters are perfectly connected.

Make sure you set Type to South Asian and Middle Eastern in the preferences before starting any text,

sometimes you will have to restart premiere after changing these settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the new update 2019.. This solution isn't available anymore.. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with arabic font in the new update. doesn't get fixed with the preference solution can someone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

I'm also facing the same problem coudn't find a solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know none of this makes sense, but apparently you need to paste the text into Adobe Premiere backwards. Here is a webiste that will reverse the Arabic text for you. 

Type in Arabic in the Input column > hit the Process Input button > Copy the generated text from the output column > Paste it in the legacy title in Adobe Premiere > select the pasted text and pick a font that support Arabic. 

I am usign Courier New font, and I have no trouble so far. 

https://omar84.com/docs/taw/arabic_writer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and thanks to South Asian option in Graphics settings, solved it. But now I have another problem. My problem is that when I type in Arabic and Persian, the signs are not placed correctly. For example when I write a sentence and I put a (.) at the end of the sentence, instead of being at the end of the sentence, it appears in the begginning. Can anyone help me with this problem in Captions part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using PR 2021, there is a new setting for South Asian and Middle Eastern captions. Right click on the Caption Track header, and pick "track settings." If you are using PR 2021, try that first.

Let us know if that works - or doesn't!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines