Highlighted

ARRI LUT not relinking.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with ARRI footage. Everytime I transfer the footage to a new external drive and open my project, the AMIRA LUT inside the master control is not applied to my footage. I shows that it is there, but if I toggle it on/off nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ARRI LUT not relinking.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with ARRI footage. Everytime I transfer the footage to a new external drive and open my project, the AMIRA LUT inside the master control is not applied to my footage. I shows that it is there, but if I toggle it on/off nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we deal with this exact issue all the time with no consistent solution. Sometimes bringing in a new clip with a LUT and then toggling the 'fx' button in the master effect controls of the desired click will give results. Sometimes copy and pasting the LUT from the new clip to the master effect controls will work. It seems like the goal is to roll the dice and trick premiere back into shape. I'm here today because none of the old work arounds are working... also looking for assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thats what I've had to do in the past. I dont understand how reloading the clip into the timeline tricks premiere into thinking it is new but it works! The only problem I find is that, if I close the project after I have done that, the same problem happens again and sometimes that trick only works once, which sucks. Adobe seenms to not understand the issue when I tell them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem of metadata linkage. And when you move the clip Premiere isn't getting all the metadata ... notably that used LUT ... in the data file for the project and the sequence.This part of Premiere could be a bit more user-friendly.

Perhaps if @Trent Happel or @Wes_Howell could pop in?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's maybe helpful to have some visual clue what's up so I made a drawing. I think it pretty correct. In the first row the lut is added using external hardware before it goes into video playback or DIT. It can be removed later to make it 'projection' range instead of rec 709.

If you do CDL or LUT 'in camera' the recording media on camera and SDI out signal will have it baked into the signal. You can't remove it... you can only screw around with it to try to make it look better for projection... cause when you bake it in you lose the wider gamut of the projection compared to TV.

So, it's a choice. If you only do rec 709 for product just set the camera to shoot video limit and you don't have to do nothin later.

Every time you change drives ( source material ) the NLE has no clue what you did with it before ( on another drive ). It's kinda a miracle that you can add the LUT SOMETIMES IMO. 

hehe.... but anyway, understanding the flow chart ( what happens where ) might clear up some stuff and at least help you not be just ' bummed out' ... You're doing great stuff and it's nice that you care about how quality is between drive sources, etc.

🙂

LUT DIAGRAM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe make a folder on your external drives called LUT and stick the lut in there ( make a 3d lut or whatever) and then when you change drives, once you link the project to that drive you just drag the lut in and it should work ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. Its a mystery to me why it shows the LUT is on in the Master control but toggling it does nothing. I feel like I have never had this problem with RED/Ursa Mini footage which also brings in a look. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the LUT is appearing in the Master clip tab, but toggling it on/off doesn't do anything, that's not good behavior.

If you create a new project file, import the media, does it work properly then? Just trying to check out variuos scenarios.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0