Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow Keys Nudge Timeline playhead instead of layer in Program Monitor

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: Premiere Pro 2019

I recently had some issues and was forced to reset preferences and delete all saved workspaces to resolve the issue, but this left me with a new issue as I used to be able to click 'Vector Motion' in Effects Control, and then click the layer inside of the Program Monitor which would then let me 'nudge' the layer using the arrow keys but now everytime I nudge it, it simply nudges the playhead over inside the timeline instead of the layer inside the program monitor.
*I do have the Program Monitor selected and not the Timeline when attemping to nudge*

I can move the layer with mouse pointer as normal, but soon as I try nudge, it goes right back to nudging playhead timeline.

o.jpg

Is this a setting that I need to select in Preferences or Keyboard Shortcuts (as I was also cleaning out a bunch of shortcuts prior to this) to achieve nudge layer inside program monitor?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To nudge graphics layers use ctrl + arrows (+ shift to nudge by five pixels)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also has effected mask movement when sizing a mask layer the arrows no longer work. I am in v14.8. I havent found a work-around as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines