Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artificing that self-Repairs on Source Monitor

Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another bug to report with 15.2

After working for some time and loading and unloading many different video clips to trip in the source window a digital artifact of some sort will display on the video; I managed to capture this still frame of it:  This footage happens to be prores, portrait, but happens in other formats also.

FlyingFourFun_0-1621225479171.png

That line will flicker on and off, and when you stop the video with 2 second it will disappear.

That defect is not in the video.  Restarting premiere seems to allow it to go away for some time.  Not there on Export so far.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS and your graphic cardl? Does this happen in Software Only mode in the project settings? As if it does, then the issue is probably the driver for the graphics card.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil

Thanks for the feedback / ideas.  I have the latest studio drivers, and latest windows.  I didn't get a chance to test in software only mode, but after a few days of issues, the Windows 21H1 seems to have affected it in a positive way. 

FlyingFourFun_0-1621930701071.pngFlyingFourFun_1-1621930724878.png

I could not track down the issue, however it has not occurred again since updating windows.  The version I updated to is not widely available (21H1),   I was on 20H2 which is / was the latest version until about a week ago.  21H1 seems to do the trick for me.

DirectX is:

FlyingFourFun_2-1621930940516.png

This is the exact same version of DX12 as prior to the Windows 21H1 update.

In general,  my system is running a good deal better with premier since upgrading to 21H1 actually.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines