ASIO or MME : does it matter when exporting ?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'd like to work on a short film on Premiere Pro. I'll be using music I made, so I'll just drag and drop the wav.files on the timeline and make the cuts on the video so it is syncronized with the music. 
I've read some stuff about audio drivers, but I can't figure out if it is important for what I intend to do since I won't be recording any audio directly in Premiere. I have a RME Fireface soundcard so I guess it'd be better to work with ASIO but all in all I don't know if it really matters. What do you think ?

Even if I work with MME - I read the latency was more important with this driver -, will the music be desyncronized when I export the project ?

Thanks for your help !

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The type of interface driver will not affect the export audio sync but it may affect the sync of the audio when you are editing. So you may fix it to look ok during the edit but it may look wrong when exporting. Do a simple test using a frame of the inbuilt bars and tone effect both in your editing timeline and on the exported file. If you are sending to YouTube it doesn't matter as I have never seen any material in sync on playback 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are sending to YouTube it doesn't matter as I have never seen any material in sync on playback 🙂

The type of interface driver will not affect the export audio sync but it may affect the sync of the audio when you are editing. So you may fix it to look ok during the edit but it may look wrong when exporting. Do a simple test using a frame of the inbuilt bars and tone effect both in your editing timeline and on the exported file. If you are sending to YouTube it doesn't matter as I have never seen any material in sync on playback 🙂

By @Richard M Knight

Ahah, right! 

So, I tried what you say, and indeed, while the music is synchronized with the film while editing, when I export it is slightly desynced - something like 200 milliseconds. That's annoying, I tried with both MME and Asio. In the Audio Hardware parameters when I reduce the latency the audio is awful - sounds crushed both when editing and exported. 
Do you have an idea what I should do? 

Thanks for your help Richard

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines