• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ASIO or MME for YouTube? (latency)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this post applies to After Effects AND Premiere Pro because it's kinda the same problem.

I wanted to know if I should either choose ASIO or MME in my audio settings. I know what changes: the latency but if I want to upload it to YouTube, how can I anticipate the YouTube latency + the latency of other people with their computer/phone?

Should I choose ASIO or MME when creating a YouTube video?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choosing between ASIO4ALL and MME is usually done because of real-time playback performance issues. Niether ASIO4ALL or MME have been an issues for me at export. Are you trying to live stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to live stream. It's only to upload as a video but the problem is that the latency changes because of YouTube compression and other devices the video will play on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You usually adjust latency settings for better real-time playback performance not rendering. I have used MME and ASIO4ALL and never had any problems when exporting videos for YouTube. Your export settings might need to be tweaked but the audio driver shouldn't be an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing HEARING audio on your computer from sound files with editing.

Editing has nothin to do with your sound sources and what you choose to 

a) listen to

b)convert

c)export from editor

If you put a sound file into audition it sometimes asks questions like that... to convert it to wav ( which is the preferred format ( or bwav).

Your question is about HEARING the sound you put in your computer and has NOTHING to do with editing.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably dealing with vfr and crazy sound codecs for high compression so you can shoot all day long on your iphone.

the title of this forum is to get help and be inpired....and to be honest that aint happening here.

do some google searches about stuff that is basic before you inspire me or help me please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines