• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and sequence

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I import media into my media section of premiere pro, it works fine once I drag the media into the sequence area, it then creates two media files and has an extra audio file in the sequence area. Can somone please help me with this I am so confused??!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's likely your original clip has 4 channels of audio (two stereo pairs). It may have been the way the clip was recorded.

If you don't need the second stereo channel there are a couple of ways to delete it. 

1. just click the clip in the sequence while holding 'Alt' (windows) 'option' (Mac) on the audio you don't want and hit delete.

or 2. select the clip in your bin, right click, select 'modify' from the popup menu, then 'audio channels'. In this window you'll likely see 'Clip Channel Format Stereo and  'Number of Audio Clips 2'. Change that to 1. Now when you drag that clip into the sequence you'll only have a single stereo track. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines